Senior Backend Engineer
Founded by leaders with proven track-records of success and backed by well-known Venture Capital partners, ibble is reinventing the way that people have digital conversations and engage with ideas that matter most to them. As a member of ibble, you will be given ample room to run and collaborate with all our teams to scale our media platform. We're simply looking for smart people who are always willing to learn and who never shy away from a challenge.
Ibble is seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to join our rapidly-growing engineering team. At ibble, we are reinventing the way that people have digital conversations and engage with content that matters most to them. As a member of the engineering team, you will play a key role in laying the foundation of our social platform as we continue to grow our community of creators and content consumers.
As a backend engineer, you will be working on building out and supporting our cutting-edge backend and infrastructure. We pride ourselves on quickly iterating and building technical solutions to tackle the challenges of our product. Each team member is expected to become an expert in their respective domain and be able to effectively communicate and quickly come up with solutions in a team-oriented setting.
Our Tech Stack
- Functional programming
- Reactive programming
What You Will Do
- You'll be working with a small, high-energy team in building a consumer facing product that will be used by millions of people just like you.
- As a backend engineer, you will play a key role building and maintaining our API gateways, deployment pipelines, and database architecture. You'll be able to have direct control of feature sets, technical decisions, and will be able to see the direct impact of your efforts within our product.
- You will work directly with product owners and fellow engineers to help guide, build, instrument and test the software being built. From measuring the adoption of a feature to building out the support needed to run A/B testing, we believe that taking a data-driven approach to feature development and releases is core to building better products and software.
- Our team is highly collaborative, and you’ll also have the chance to provide feedback on everything from culture to architecture, as well as team operations and the overall product.
Who You Are
- At least 5+ years of experience in an individual contributor, back-end focused role.
- Strong understanding of relational databases, such as Postgres, MySQL, etc. You know how to successfully operate within complex schemas and effectively query large datasets.
- Past professional experience in a strongly typed language, such as Java, C#, or Typescript.
- Past professional experience in server-side web application frameworks such as Express.js, NestJS, or Java Spring.
- You are a data driven individual. From measuring API response times to the efficacy of a new feature release, you understand the importance of being able to monitor both stability and rate of adoption within a complex system.
- You have a strong understanding of relational databases, working in complex schemas, and effectively querying large datasets.
- Understanding and experience with reactive and functional programming paradigms such as RxJs or ReactiveX are a plus.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- We prefer generalists over specialists and look for candidates with a history of pushing past their comfort zone and learning new things.
- You understand—and are excited to join—an early stage company and have the opportunity to play a critical part in building the app and new features.