Net Zero /
Iconic Air is building a complete end-to-end solution that automates, benchmarks, and reduces carbon emissions. We are growing and looking for an experienced practitioner in carbon to join us as a Carbon Analyst. You will inform product functionality and features, deliver successful customer adoption, and support Iconic Air’s growth.
You will work with our small, cross-functional core team to shape problems into solutions. We all, including the founders, play an operational role, and we are looking to add another doer, not a strategizer or delegator.
We value your time and want the recruiting process to be as smooth as possible, so we make it simple! Once you’ve submitted your application the following steps will occur:
1. 30 min. intro call with someone from our team
2. 45 min. subject matter expertise call with someone from our Net-Zero Solutions team
3. 30 min. culture and values interview with two Iconic Air teammates
4. We check references and make you an offer
What You'll Do
- Help build internal emission factor databases and climate models to be integrated into the Iconic Air product.
- Design and help build emission reduction and abatement models and calculations to be integrated in the Iconic Air product.
- Use your carbon finance and risk knowledge to work with Product Development to design and test new functionality, in-platform calculations, and software releases
- Work with Product Development to configure Iconic Air with industry-relevant data for demos
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to set up, configure and test our software platform, and troubleshoot technical issues raised.
- Assist in client onboarding offering climate insights and supporting the correct configuration of the Iconic Air product.
- Consult customers on use of carbon accounting standards and guidance, including providing advice and answering technical questions on the application of the Corporate Standard, Scope 1 and 2 Guidance, and Scope 3 Standard both internally and externally.
- Provide technical support in the use of Marginal Abatement Cost Curves, carbon pricing, carbon offsets and other emission reduction strategies within the Iconic Air product.
- Identify and model in the Iconic Air product applicable decarbonization opportunities for our clients using your understanding of complex, heavy-emitting industries and decarbonization strategy.
- Stay current with changes to carbon accounting reporting requirements at both regulatory and voluntary levels
- Stay current with changes to ESG framework reporting requirements for carbon accounting
- Participate in Iconic Air and industry forums, conferences, and webinars
- Share knowledge and best practices via written communications such as white papers and blogs
Who You Are
- Minimum of five (5) years of carbon accounting and carbon finance space (preference given to experience in the Energy space)
- Technical understanding and working proficiency of Scope 1 and Scope 2 GHG calculations and reporting
- Technical understanding and working proficiency with US EPA GHG regulations and reporting
- Experience with carbon audit and sustainability reporting
- Working proficiency with GHG and carbon accounting requirements of ESG frameworks (e.g. SASB, TCFD, PRI, etc)
- Fundamentals of Sustainability Accounting (FSA) credentials preferred
- Knowledge of Scope 3 and Scope 4 GHG calculations and reporting
- Excellent proficiency with office productivity applications (e.g., MS Excel/Word, PowerPoint, Slack, MS Teams)
- Strong skills with data collection, analytics, modelling, and visualization
What You'll Get
- Great career development opportunity with the ability to have a company-wide impact, grow with the company as we scale, and help first-hand in reducing greenhouse gas emissions across the world
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Work with top-notch and caring people who are committed to altering the path of climate change
- Eligible for full health, dental, and vision insurance package options for employee and dependent
- Unlimited PTO
- Company-sponsored wellness and environmental days
- In-person team retreats and meetups
- The chance to build something that makes an impact on the energy industry