Cloud Operations Team Leader
UK Homebased /
Product – Cloud Operations /
Ideagen are extremely excited to be recruiting for a Cloud Operations Team Leader to head up our global Site Reliability team. This role will be based in the UK but will be responsible for teams across Europe!
This really is an amazing time to join the Ideagen Community! We are one of the world's fastest growing software companies with over 1,000 employees and operational sites across the globe!
The role will involve the day to day leadership and line management of the Site Reliability Engineers, plus working on strategic projects focussed on the overall improvement of Ideagen's operational processes.
This is a remote role but with occasional travel to our Nottinghamshire HQ!
#AWS #CloudOperations #SiteReliability #LI-REMOTE
The Role & Responsibilities
- Day to day technical leadership and line management of a team of Site Reliability Engineers.
- Work on strategic projects focused on the overall improvement of Ideagen’s operational processes and frameworks.
- In conjunction with the R&I and Enterprise Architecture teams ensure the implementation of best practice enterprise standards and technology architecture.
- Hands-on technical work with the Cloud Operations team of SRE’s with direct oversight over on-going operations, problem-solving leadership, participation for complex infrastructure implementation, system upgrades and time-critical operational troubleshooting.
- Team leadership for delivery of service operations and KPI compliance.
- Close working relationship with the acquisition teams for the integration of product related operational environments. You will work with the newly acquired business and the relevant Ideagen teams to help integrate the new business units.
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrable experience in production 24/7 high-availability multi-site, multi-vendor cloud-based SaaS environments.
- Experience managing AWS, Azure, Data Centre, and on-premises infrastructures.
- Experience of working with orchestration and containerisation e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, EKS/AKS etc
- Experience of CI/CD such as Jenkins, GitLab, Azure DevOps etc
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation
- All round technical knowledge of software development, infrastructure, SaaS architecture, and security.
- Experience of working alongside development functions delivering software within an agile development environment.
- Strong team working and cross functional team collaboration skills.
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as 34 days' holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay, Contributory Pension Scheme, Free On-site Parking, Private Medical Insurance, and many more!
Who are Ideagen?
If you have ever flown in a plane, been in hospital, or even given blood, there is a good chance we've helped keep you safe. For nearly a quarter of a century, we have been providing software solutions to thousands of customers such as the UK NHS, Virgin, PwC, Emirates, Heineken and even Harvard University. We are not a large faceless corporation, but we are not a fly-by-night dot com company either. With more than 1150 employees in multiple locations across the UK, USA, Dubai, Malaysia, and Bulgaria – not including our global Partner Network – we're one of the most exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world.