Head of Systems
Finance, Ops and Technology – Commercial Finance /
Ideagen is seeking a Systems Manager to be responsible for control, development, and optimisation of our core Sales systems with a major focus on Salesforce.
We're looking for a blend of leadership and hands-on technical expertise to drive 'best in class' for Ideagen as we scale to the next level of growth. You will partner with the Sales, Service Delivery, Support, Product and Marketing teams to 'make things happen'.
The role will drive the strategy for these systems and the plan for integration of businesses we acquire. You will work with key stakeholders to define process and procedures to drive operational excellence (optimisation) with data and systems at the heart of the business.
You will be able to translate system strategy to the key business stakeholders, but also translate this back and lead technical experts. You will be able to master hearts and minds when it comes the Sales systems. This is a leadership role as well as a hands on technical role – driving both development of technology and more importantly – people. You will manage direct team-members and third party vendors with skill to bring together a team of technical and process experts. You will set a strategy, ensuring the team are aligned to a purpose.
- Ownership of the CRM and Marketing Systems (Salesforce/Pardot), along with the related systems that sit within the eco-system.
- Master prioritisation and ensure stakeholders are kept up to date and are aligned on progress and that priorities are agreed, aligned to the business goals both short and long term. This means having challenging and constructive conversations.
- Collaboration with your peers: Head of Systems – Finance Ops HR; Head of Data and Analytics; Head of Optimisation and Enterprise Architecture.
- Ensure systems are professionally maintained and continue to develop systems in accordance with the needs of the organisation and in line with service management and technical best practices.
- Set up a framework for the day-to-day operating processes of systems administration, change management and governance; developing a roadmap of improvement activities that are aligned to business goals.
- Lead on associated systems development projects, co-ordinating activities across the relevant teams across the business. This will include lead in managing the CRM and Core Systems integration process for business acquisitions.
- Ensure relevant process and policies are documented, reviewed, and followed. This will include ensuring the right controls are in place to manage data held with the systems
- Support the review of the systems architecture, and opportunities to optimise and consolidate systems and spend across the group by working with the wider technology function and procurement.
- Lead a regular cadence and communication with stakeholders on all matters systems related, leading the team to be a key partner to the business.
Skills & Experience
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce and how it interfaces with other related systems. You’ll have the relevant Salesforce certifications (Salesforce Admin, Developers, Architects, etc) and experience with Pardot
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire a team, set exacting standards and build engagement. Someone who quickly gains respect from internal stakeholders.
- Exceptional organisation skills, being able to effectively prioritise and manage a varied workload in a demanding environment.
- Ability to think ahead, resolve issues and own delivery of high quality, on-time outcomes.
- Understanding of GDPR and its implications on corporate information systems.
- Extensive experience of CRM and systems management in a Sales and Marketing environment.
- A strong level of technical understanding of relational databases and APIs.
- A willingness to learn innovative technologies and skills
- Ambitious - Drive, Planning & Execution
- Adventurous - Flexibility, Resilience & Savvy thinking
- Community - Collaboration & Communication
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as 34 days' holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay, Contributory Pension Scheme, Free On-site Parking, Private Medical Insurance, Free 200degree coffee shop and many more!
Who are Ideagen?
If you have ever flown in a plane, been in hospital, or even given blood, there is a good chance we've helped keep you safe. For nearly a quarter of a century, we have been providing software solutions to thousands of customers such as the UK NHS, Virgin, PwC, Emirates, Heineken and even Harvard University. We are not a large faceless corporation, but we are not a fly-by-night dot com company either. With more than 1150 employees in multiple locations across the UK, USA, Dubai, Malaysia, and Bulgaria – not including our global Partner Network – we're one of the most exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world.