Salesforce Technical Lead
Finance, Ops and Technology – Commercial Finance /
Ideagen is seeking a Salesforce Technical Leader to be responsible for control, development, and optimisation of our core Sales system Salesforce.
We're looking for hands-on technical expertise to drive 'best in class' for Ideagen as we scale to the next level of growth. You will partner with the Sales, Service Delivery, Support, Product and Marketing teams to drive strategy for these systems and plan/execute integrations of businesses we acquire. You will work with key stakeholders to define process and procedures to drive operational excellence with data and systems at the heart of the business.
You will be able to translate system strategy to the key business stakeholders, but more importantly get into the weeds with your team of technical experts. This role while being mostly hands-on technical also has some team leadership duties– driving both development of technology and supporting a small team. You will support direct team-members and third party vendors with skill to bring together a team of technical and process experts. You will ensure the team are aligned to a purpose.
- Ownership of the CRM and Marketing Systems (Salesforce/Pardot), along with any other secondary related systems that sit within the eco-system for a high volume of users.
- Manage integrations with Salesforce.
- Ensure stakeholders are kept up to date and aligned on progress and priorities aligned to the business goals both short and long term.
- Collaboration with your peers: Finance Ops HR; Head of Data and Analytics; Head of Optimisation and Enterprise Architecture.
- Ensure Salesforce systems are professionally maintained and continue to develop systems in accordance with the needs of the organisation and in line with service management and technical best practices.
- Execute on framework for the day-to-day operating processes of systems administration, change management and governance; developing a roadmap of improvement activities that are aligned to business goals.
- Lead on associated systems development projects. This will include lead in managing the CRM and Core Systems integration process for business acquisitions.
- Ensure relevant process and policies are documented, reviewed, and followed. This will include ensuring the right controls are in place to manage data held with the systems.
- Support the review of the systems architecture, and opportunities to optimise and consolidate systems and spend across the group by working with the wider technology function and procurement.
- Lead a regular cadence and communication with stakeholders on all matters systems related, leading the team to be a key partner to the business.
Skills & Experience
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce and how it interfaces with other related systems.
- Relevant Salesforce certification/s (Salesforce Admin, Developers, Architects, etc) highly desired.
- A strong level of technical understanding of relational databases and APIs.
- Strong technical experience with quoting, CPQ, and other Salesforce tools.
- Prior experience working on salesforce integrations with large user base.
- Leadership skills with the ability to lead a team.
- Exceptional organisation skills, being able to effectively prioritise and manage a varied workload in a demanding environment.
- Ability to think ahead, resolve issues and own delivery of high quality, on-time outcomes.
- Understanding of GDPR and its implications on corporate information systems.
- A willingness to learn innovative technologies and skills.
- Ambitious - Drive, Planning & Execution
- Adventurous - Flexibility, Resilience & Savvy thinking
- Community - Collaboration & Communication
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as 34 days' holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay, Contributory Pension Scheme, Free On-site Parking, Private Medical Insurance, Free 200degree coffee shop and many more!
Who are Ideagen?
If you have ever flown in a plane, been in hospital, or even given blood, there is a good chance we've helped keep you safe. For nearly a quarter of a century, we have been providing software solutions to thousands of customers such as the UK NHS, Virgin, PwC, Emirates, Heineken and even Harvard University. We are not a large faceless corporation, but we are not a fly-by-night dot com company either. With more than 1150 employees in multiple locations across the UK, USA, Dubai, Malaysia, and Bulgaria – not including our global Partner Network – we're one of the most exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world.