Technical Support Engineer
Product – Support /
Technical support is vital to any successful business, and having someone who is always on the other end of the line to help will go a long way. That is why we are recruiting for a Technical Support Engineer to join our growing team based at our HQ in Ruddington, Nottinghamshire.
Ideagen is one of the largest providers of regulatory and compliance software in the world. This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity which will place you at the forefront of contact with our customers.
If you are naturally inquisitive, have a passion for customer service and have the ability to remain calm under pressure then we want to hear from you!
Hybrid role – office based and homebased
Shifts – rotating shift pattern between the hours of 7am – 11pm (8 hour shifts)
The Role & Responsibilities
- You will be assisting business customers across a range of innovative software products
- You are the first point of contact in a multi-tier Support structure, connecting via tickets, live chat, or phone call
- Your critical thinking and investigative skills will allow you to perform question diagnosis and troubleshooting solutions whilst offering first class customer service
- You will be able to resolve enquiries and incidents by using knowledge gained through support documentation and self-learning
- In this role you are a team player, actively working with the wider support team to ensure we offer a first-class service, meeting the relevant targets
- Customer first focus, identifying when to escalate and proactively seek further support
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to explain complex technical solutions in ‘layman’s terms’
- Previous experience within a technical customer support environment
- An understanding of software and network technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passionate and enthusiastic approach to helping customers and delivering technical support
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to manage your own workload, where priorities may change through the day
- Enthusiastic hunger for knowledge and desire to learn
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as 34 days' holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay, Contributory Pension Scheme, Free On-site Parking, Private Medical Insurance, Free 200degree coffee shop and many more!
Who are Ideagen?
If you have ever flown in a plane, been in hospital, or even given blood, there is a good chance we've helped keep you safe. For nearly a quarter of a century, we have been providing software solutions to thousands of customers such as the UK NHS, Virgin, PwC, Emirates, Heineken and even Harvard University. We are not a large faceless corporation, but we are not a fly-by-night dot com company either. With more than 1150 employees in multiple locations across the UK, USA, Dubai, Malaysia, and Bulgaria – not including our global Partner Network – we're one of the most exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world.