Finance, Ops and Technology – Operational Finance /
Ideagen - we are the Software solutions that support the safe hands that protect your organisation!
We are the name trusted by organisations globally to deliver world-class, innovative software solutions in regulated or high-compliance industries such as aviation, financial services, life sciences, healthcare and manufacturing.
Reporting to the Global Head of Payroll, we are looking for a Payroll Specialist at Ideagen, who is required to manage and administer the payroll process for its main UK payroll and certain subsidiaries, which currently sits at around 650 people.
Please note this is a hybrid role, working 3 days in our Nottingham offices and 2 days remotely.
- Lead the monthly calculation and processing of Ideagen payroll using Core HR, our People Management System.
- Data entry and administration of all payroll related activities to ensure an efficient, confidential and accurate payroll process.
- Be the first point of contact for payroll and admin queries.
- To provide advice and guidance to managers and the wider People team to ensure the processing of payments, allowances and benefits are in line with the relevant legislation.
- Ensure all payment to third parties (including HMRC, Pension providers, SIP scheme provider, PMI provider and other benefit providers) are made accurately and on time.
- Ensuring Full Payment Submissions and Employer Payment Summaries are made to HMRC on a timely basis
- Approving BACS files for the payment of employees.
- Processing of monthly commission payments in conjunction with the Finance team.
- Complete auto enrolment processing and pension compliance.
- Calculate Maternity/Paternity/Shared Parental leave.
- Calculate Statutory Sickness Pay & holiday pay.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven payroll management experience either in-house or working for a third party managed service provider.
- Detailed payroll knowledge sufficient to calculate Tax, NI, SSP and SMP, deal with complex employee pay queries and manage the year end payroll process.
- Experience in payrolling benefits or calculating P11D’s
- Experience of working with confidential information and have the ability to communicate with all levels within the organisation
- Excellent attention to detail, be highly numerate and have the need to get things right first time
- Member of the CIPP
- Management of flexible employee benefits
- Co-ordination of holiday buy and sell schemes
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as 34 days' holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay, Contributory Pension Scheme, Free On-site Parking, Private Medical Insurance, Free 200degree coffee shop and many more!
Who are Ideagen?
If you have ever flown in a plane, been in hospital, or even given blood, there is a good chance we've helped keep you safe. For nearly a quarter of a century, we have been providing software solutions to thousands of customers such as the UK NHS, Virgin, PwC, Emirates, Heineken and even Harvard University. We are not a large faceless corporation, but we are not a fly-by-night dot com company either. With more than 1150 employees in multiple locations across the UK, USA, Dubai, Malaysia, and Bulgaria – not including our global Partner Network – we're one of the most exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world.