Cloud Infrastructure Manager
UK Homebased /
Product – Cloud Operations /
Ideagen's technology capabilities continue to grow, and as result we are looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Manager to lead a team of excellent Site Reliability Engineers.
You will work with the Head of Infrastructure & Operations, Service Delivery and the wider Implementations team to deliver an ongoing infrastructure services vision.
If you are someone who can demonstrate hands on technical leadership, experience with various cloud providers and proven ability to improve service, platform and infrastructure resiliency then we would love to hear from you!
The role is homebased but occasional travel to Nottinghamshire will be required
#cloudinfrastructure #infrastructuremanagement #aws #azure #LI-REMOTE
The Role & Responsibilities
- Day to day technical leadership and line management of a team of Site Reliability Engineers
- Work on strategic projects focused on the overall improvement of Ideagen’s operational processes and frameworks
- Hands-on technical work with the Cloud Operations team of SRE’s with direct oversight over on-going operations, problem-solving leadership, participation for complex infrastructure implementation, system upgrades and time-critical operational troubleshooting
- Team leadership for delivery of service operations and KPI compliance
- Close working relationship with the acquisition teams for the integration of product related operational environments. You will work with the newly acquired business and the relevant Ideagen teams to help integrate the new business units
- Work with the Head of Infrastructure & Operations and the wider Implementation, Service Delivery, Development and Support functions to deliver an on-going infrastructure services vision, to enable innovation, and seek to leverage IT trends that can create business value.
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge managing AWS, Azure, Data Centre, and on-premises infrastructures
- Demonstrable experience in production 24/7 high-availability multi-site, multi-vendor cloud-based SaaS environments including application hosting and data networks, security, and information security protection
- Experience working with databases in both on-premise and cloud-based environments such as MSSQL, MySQL, etc
- Experience of working with orchestration, containerisation and pipeline automation scripting and tooling e.g. Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes etc
- All round technical knowledge of software development, infrastructure, SaaS architecture, and security
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as 34 days' holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay, Contributory Pension Scheme, Free On-site Parking, Private Medical Insurance, and many more!
Who are Ideagen?
If you have ever flown in a plane, been in hospital, or even given blood, there is a good chance we've helped keep you safe. For nearly a quarter of a century, we have been providing software solutions to thousands of customers such as the UK NHS, Virgin, PwC, Emirates, Heineken and even Harvard University. We are not a large faceless corporation, but we are not a fly-by-night dot com company either. With more than 1150 employees in multiple locations across the UK, USA, Dubai, Malaysia, and Bulgaria – not including our global Partner Network – we're one of the most exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world.