Strategic Account Director- Lifesciences
UK Homebased /
Revenue – Global Sales /
Ideagen help the quiet voices and safe hands that protect organisations to minimise risk, strengthen compliance and keep people safe.
We are the name trusted by organisations globally to deliver world-class, innovative software solutions in regulated or high-compliance industries such as aviation, financial services, life sciences, healthcare and manufacturing.
We are looking for an Account Director for Lifesciences to lead the Account development of our Key Strategic Accounts within the Lifesciences vertical. These accounts are the high growth, high revenue customers of Ideagen, using one or more of our products from multiple business lines.
The account director will manage the portfolio of Accounts, working with the Account Managers and the Business Line teams to develop and execute a growth strategy and will have a great aptitude in building and maintaining customer relationships. They also possess excellent planning and leadership abilities to coordinate and advise account managers and the exec team.
- Senior Leadership of a portfolio of named accounts within the Ideagen Major Account programme, with overall responsibility for growth across the portfolio.
- Building and owning a network of Senior contacts within the customer base to aid opportunity creation and decision making.
- Build and execute an Account Development plan with the Account Managers and BL management team that encompasses:
- Regional expansion of existing products
- Cross-sell strategy for relevant new products
- Subsidiary expansion, replicating successes with sub-brands and subsidiaries
- Up-sell - looking at extending existing use cases, and adding new use cases to increase usage
- Working with the Marketing team and the Account Team to build a bespoke 'white glove' marketing plan for the customer cohort. This may be to 1-1 or 1 to few depending on the account.
- Maintaining a detailed awareness of relevant market / vertical trends affecting their accounts, and ensuring this feeds into the strategic plan.
- Reporting key financial and team data to the Senior Management Team, finance and human resources departments.
Skills and Experience:
- You will have at least 5 years proven success in managing and selling to customers in the Lifesciences market and have lead / managed multi-skilled account teams teams. Key to this success will be the development and growth of existing accounts.
- Your Sales Management background should include experience in strategic / consultative selling, demonstrate the ability to build trusted relationships at the executive level and to drive the contract negotiation and closing phases of a deal.
- In addition to this, you will have excellent Project Management skills including Senior Stakeholder Management, knowledge of SaaS / Cloud technologies and be best in class at Strategic Account Planning.
- Ambitious - Drive, Planning & Execution
- Adventurous - Flexibility, Resilience & Savvy thinking
- Community - Collaboration & Communication
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as 34 days' holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay, Contributory Pension Scheme, Free On-site Parking, Private Medical Insurance, and many more!
Who are Ideagen?
If you have ever flown in a plane, been in hospital, or even given blood, there is a good chance we've helped keep you safe. For nearly a quarter of a century, we have been providing software solutions to thousands of customers such as the UK NHS, Virgin, PwC, Emirates, Heineken and even Harvard University. We are not a large faceless corporation, but we are not a fly-by-night dot com company either. With more than 1150 employees in multiple locations across the UK, USA, Dubai, Malaysia, and Bulgaria – not including our global Partner Network – we're one of the most exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world.