Principal Software Engineer
Subang Jaya, Kuala Lumpur /
Product – QHSE Product /
We are recruiting for experienced Principal Software Engineer to join our Strategic Development Team based in Subang Jaya, Selangor.
The Principal Software Engineer is a hands-on technology leadership role. As a senior technology leader, you are accountable for architectural and design direction, technical debt control, good code quality including code review healthiness, software delivery and finally, high level of collaboration and engagement with the development teams. You are also flexible and adaptable to dynamic work settings.
You are responsible for software development projects on Java & .NET platform predominantly. Having previous experience on both languages are not mandatory but beneficial.
You are encouraged to actively push the boundaries of new technologies to ensure that we choose the most appropriate solutions to deliver our software and to enable you to progress to meet your own potential, whilst also giving junior members of the development team the support they need to help them fulfil their personal development goals
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working together with Agile development teams.
- Design new features across the Ideagen products using JAVA / .NET and open-source technologies.
- Working closely with Development Manager, Team Leaders, and Software Engineers to build well architected Cloud hosted and On-Premises solutions.
- Working collaboratively with Product Managers, Product Owners, Business Analysts, Design Engineers, Development Engineers (Front End), Test Engineers, and Infrastructure Engineers to ensure features are delivered to a high standard.
- Working across the Software Development Lifecycle ensuring that our products are delivered to a published roadmap within planned release cycles.
- Collaborating with product design team to create an optimal user experience.
- Providing unit tests to support and validate for any development work undertaken.
- Contributing to the development team’s working practices and technology decisions.
- Creating necessary documentation relating to the work produced.
- Mentoring and coaching other members of your team to help grow their skillsets.
Knowledge & Experience
- At least 10 years’ hands on development experience on Java platform and/or .NET and open-source technologies.
- Knowledge & experience in software architecture such as Microservices, Event-driven architecture, Event-sourcing and CQRS.
- Architecting and building highly scalable, available, performant and secure solutions
- Working experience in AWS (EKS, ECR, EC2, S3, SQS, SNS, Lambda, DynamoDB).
- Has exposure in messaging and streaming application such as RabbitMQ or Apache Kafka.
- Database development experience preferably on MySQL, MS SQL, or PostgreSQL.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD workflow specifically Jenkins or Maven and using Git as software version control.
- Has exposure in Docker containers, Kubernetes.
- Significant and demonstrable experience of implementing .NET/JAVA best practices and applying common object-oriented design patterns.
- Experience of working with Agile development team.
- Effective communication - able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools, and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Able to present prepared technical information to internal groups in a variety of situations, both verbally and in writing.
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as; Medical and Life Insurance, Dental, 16% Employer EPF Contribution Scheme, Contractual Bonus, Flexible Holidays, free office fruits and more!
Who are Ideagen?
If you have ever flown in a plane, been in hospital, or even given blood, there is a good chance we've helped keep you safe. For nearly a quarter of a century, we have been providing software solutions to thousands of customers such as the UK NHS, Virgin, PwC, Emirates, Heineken and even Harvard University. We are not a large faceless corporation, but we are not a fly-by-night dot com company either. With more than 1150 employees in multiple locations across the UK, USA, Dubai, Malaysia, and Bulgaria – not including our global Partner Network – we're one of the most exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world.