Senior Site Reliability Engineer
UK Homebased /
Product – Cloud Operations /
Due to Ideagen's exponential growth plans the technology team have an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our Cloud Operations team!
You will be working amongst the globally distributed colleagues within the wider Ideagen Group with collaboration in the UK, Malaysia, Bulgaria and the US.
It will require both passion for and experience in previous related infrastructure or Cloud Operations roles!
UK Homebased - remote working
#Cloudoperations #AWS #SiteReliability #LI-REMOTE
The Role & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate hands-on technical leadership and business impact in combining software engineering skills with systems engineering skills to solve complex automation and reliability challenges
- You will have deep technical experience with various cloud providers, containerization technologies, automated deployment frameworks, orchestration frameworks, monitoring, logging, alerting, system internals, networking, databases, distributed systems, and service-oriented architecture
- You communicate effectively with stakeholders ranging from executives to junior engineers across the breadth and depth of the engineering organization
- You exemplify high accountability, integrity, and resilience to maintain focus on both big-picture goals and milestones to get there
- You enable the engineering organisation to innovate and deliver with greater speed and safety
- Work with the Enterprise Architecture and Research and Innovation Teams to Develop designs, architectures, standards, and methods for the delivery and improvement of large-scale, customer focused SaaS platforms.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience working with Infrastructure and Application Monitoring tools such as: New Relic, OpsGenie, Uptime monitoring, CloudTrail, CloudWatch Insights, Azure Monitor, Application Insights
- Extensive working knowledge managing AWS, Azure, Data Centre, and on-premises infrastructures.
- Experience working with MSSQL, MySQL & PostgreSQL in both on-premise and cloud-based environments as well as demonstrable knowledge and experience of AWS and Azure database service technologies i.e. SQLAzure, Aurora MySQL
- Experience of working with NoSQL database technologies (ideally MongoDB and preferably experience of Mongo Atlas).
- Experience of working with orchestration, containerisation and pipeline automation scripting and tooling i.e. Docker, Helm, Terraform & Kubernetes (K8)
- Working knowledge of cloud based storage services and related technologies, Cisco-based network communications technology (Meraki), high availability, and disaster recovery architecture.
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as 34 days' holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay, Contributory Pension Scheme, Free On-site Parking, Private Medical Insurance, and many more!
Who are Ideagen?
If you have ever flown in a plane, been in hospital, or even given blood, there is a good chance we've helped keep you safe. For nearly a quarter of a century, we have been providing software solutions to thousands of customers such as the UK NHS, Virgin, PwC, Emirates, Heineken and even Harvard University. We are not a large faceless corporation, but we are not a fly-by-night dot com company either. With more than 1150 employees in multiple locations across the UK, USA, Dubai, Malaysia, and Bulgaria – not including our global Partner Network – we're one of the most exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world.