Site Reliability Engineer
Product – Cloud Operations /
Due to Ideagen's exponential growth plans the technology team have created an exceptional opportunity for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Cloud Operations team at our operational site in Sofia, Bulgaria!
You will be working amongst the globally distributed colleagues within the wider Ideagen Group with collaboration in the UK, Malaysia, Bulgaria and the US.
The role will involve managing and maintaining our infrastructure platforms across a multi-cloud enviroment!
#cloudoperations #sitereliability #aws #azure #LI-REMOTE #LI-SOFIA
The Role & Responsibilities
- Manage, monitor, and maintain our infrastructure platforms across a multi-cloud environment.
- Manage design, development, and operational changes to cloud based infrastructure services.
- Provide operational support and be able to co-ordinate with other teams during incidents that may impact service.
- Work to improve the reliability, quality, performance, and scalability of our infrastructure.
- Continually measure and optimise system performance.
- Enable the engineering organization to innovate and deliver with greater speed and safety.
Knowledge & Experiences
- Experience in production 24/7 high-availability cloud-based SaaS environments using AWS and/or Azure.
- Experience of working with orchestration and containerisation e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, EKS/AKS etc
- Experience of CI/CD such as Jenkins, GitLab, Azure DevOps etc
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation
- Experience of working alongside development functions delivering software within an agile development environment.
- Strong scripting skills in various languages such as Python, BASH, and/or PowerShell.
- Working alongside development functions delivering software within an agile development environment.
- Proven ability to grasp new technical concepts quickly
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as 20 days' holidays (exclusive of bank holidays), Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay, Free On-site Parking, Private Medical Insurance, Free drinks and fruit in the office, sports cords and many more!
Who are Ideagen?
If you have ever flown in a plane, been in hospital, or even given blood, there is a good chance we've helped keep you safe. For nearly a quarter of a century, we have been providing software solutions to thousands of customers such as the UK NHS, Virgin, PwC, Emirates, Heineken and even Harvard University. We are not a large faceless corporation, but we are not a fly-by-night dot com company either. With more than 1150 employees in multiple locations across the UK, USA, Dubai, Malaysia, and Bulgaria – not including our global Partner Network – we're one of the most exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world.