Software Engineer (Nodejs)
Subang Jaya, Kuala Lumpur /
Ideagen is on an exciting growth trajectory. This role will be part a new, cross-functional development team that will contribute significantly to this growth. As a member of this new team, you will be part of leading the development efforts for a suite of aligned products with complimentary development requirements. Your work will have positive impacts on Ideagen customers across the globe while advancing your engineering skills in a supportive environment. The role is a great opportunity expand your knowledge and work with advanced technologies such as distributed message queues, automated database replication and headless content-management systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build full stack web applications for internal and external clients
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan, design, and deliver software solutions
- Migrate a series of web applications and backend services from their current co-location setup into the AWS environment
- Design, develop and maintain complex SQL queries, procedures and functions
- Integrate data from multiple sources and ensure data quality and accuracy
- Write automated tests and ensure high software quality
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to improve code quality
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies and industry trends
Skill & Experience
- Experience working with relational databases, PostgreSQL preferred.
- 2+ years of experience using NodeJS in a business environment.
- Experience collaborating in a team environment.
- Proficient knowledge of web application architecture.
- Strong problem solver who has a passion for troubleshooting.
- Experience using AWS cloud-computing components such as Lambda, API Gateway, etc.
- Experience with different programming paradigms and design patterns.
- Excellent time-management and organization skills.
- A self-starter attitude and is a life-long learner.
- Ambitious - Drive, Planning & Execution
- Adventurous - Flexibility & Resilience and Savvy Thinking
- Community - Collaboration & Communication
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as; Medical and Life Insurance, Dental, 16% Employer EPF Contribution Scheme, Contractual Bonus, Flexible Holidays, free office fruits and more!
Who are Ideagen?
If you have ever flown in a plane, been in hospital, or even given blood, there is a good chance we've helped keep you safe. For nearly a quarter of a century, we have been providing software solutions to thousands of customers such as the UK NHS, Virgin, PwC, Emirates, Heineken and even Harvard University. We are not a large faceless corporation, but we are not a fly-by-night dot com company either. With more than 1150 employees in multiple locations across the UK, USA, Dubai, Malaysia, and Bulgaria – not including our global Partner Network – we're one of the most exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world.