Finance, Ops and Technology – Legal Services /
Ideagen have a fantastic opportunity for Legal Counsel to join our Finance, Operations and Technology team based in our global headquarters in Ruddington, Nottingham.
As Legal Counsel, you will support the VP of Legal Operations and Group General Counsel on corporate and commercial matters including both internal and external projects.
Ideagen are one of the worlds' fastest growing software companies specialising in audit, risk and compliance software. We employ over 1400 people worldwide across six locations including the UK, Malaysia, USA, Australia, Dubai and Bulgaria!
The Role & Responsibilities
- Support and advise across the business operations on all commercial, corporate and administrative legal matters (including company secretarial support, corporate M&A, intellectual property, employment)
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of corporate and commercial documents
- Support and advise on a range of internal and external legal projects
- Provide accurate and timely counsel to the business on legal and contractual matters
- Liaise with stakeholders, both internal and external, on legal matters
- Support the legal department on process improvements and implementation
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Deliver relevant training to key stakeholders
- Undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business
Knowledge & Experience
- Qualified solicitor with experience in commercial and / or corporate law with knowledge across other key areas of law (including intellectual property or employment)
- Some in-house experience is preferable
- Good analytical, critical-thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with great organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong collaboration skills both within and across teams
- Excellent stakeholder management with the ability to naturally build rapport and confidently liaise with colleagues, clients, and the like
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ensure deadlines are met
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- A passion and enthusiasm for your area of expertise
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as 34 days' holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay, Contributory Pension Scheme, Free On-site Parking, Private Medical Insurance, Free 200degree coffee shop and many more!
Who are Ideagen?
If you have ever flown in a plane, been in hospital, or even given blood, there is a good chance we've helped keep you safe. For nearly a quarter of a century, we have been providing software solutions to thousands of customers such as the UK NHS, Virgin, PwC, Emirates, Heineken and even Harvard University. We are not a large faceless corporation, but we are not a fly-by-night dot com company either. With more than 1150 employees in multiple locations across the UK, USA, Dubai, Malaysia, and Bulgaria – not including our global Partner Network – we're one of the most exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world.