Strategic Account Director- Retention
UK Homebased /
Revenue – Global Sales /
Ideagen help the quiet voices and safe hands that protect organisations to minimise risk, strengthen compliance and keep people safe.
We are the name trusted by organisations globally to deliver world-class, innovative software solutions in regulated or high-compliance industries such as aviation, financial services, life sciences, healthcare and manufacturing.
We are looking for an Account Director to lead the Account Retention activites of our Key Strategic Accounts. These accounts are high revenue customers of Ideagen with high growth potential. The account director will manage the portfolio of Accounts, working with the Account Managers and the Business Line teams to develop and execute a strategy to build customer delight and to evolve the commercial relationship with these customers to ensure a long and prosperous collaboration.
The account director and will have a great aptitude in building and maintaining customer relationships and strong contract and commercial negotiation skills. They also possess excellent planning and leadership abilities to coordinate and advise account managers and the exec team.
- Senior Leadership of a portfolio of named accounts within the Ideagen Major Account programme, with overall responsibility for retention and growth across the portfolio.
- Building and owning a network of Senior contacts within the customer base to aid opportunity creation and decision making.
- Build and execute an Account Development plan with the Account Managers and BL management team that encompasses:
- Increasing product usage and awareness
- Maximising customer health
- Improving contractual terms and conditions
- Creating the foundations for growth within the account
- Working with the Marketing team and the Account Team to build a bespoke 'white glove' marketing plan for the customer cohort. This may be to 1-1 or 1 to few depending on the account.
- Maintaining a detailed awareness of relevant market / vertical trends affecting their accounts, and ensuring this feeds into the strategic plan.
- Reporting key financial and team data to the Senior Management Team, finance and human resources departments.
Skills & Experience:
- You will have at least 5 years proven success in managing and selling to customers have lead / managed multi-skilled account teams teams. Key to this success will be demonstable evidence on reducing churn, extending contracts and improving contractual conditions.
- Your Sales Management background should include experience in strategic / consultative selling, demonstrate the ability to build trusted relationships at the executive level and to drive the contract negotiation and closing phases of a deal.
- In addition to this, you will have excellent Project Management skills including Senior Stakeholder Management, knowledge of SaaS / Cloud technologies and be best in class at Strategic Account Planning.
- Ambitious - Drive, Planning & Execution
- Adventurous - Flexibility, Resilience & Savvy thinking
- Community - Collaboration & Communication
What's in it for you?
While we take our work and deliverables seriously, we have a relaxed working environment and we want our people to be rewarded for their hard work. We offer benefits such as 34 days' holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay, Contributory Pension Scheme, Free On-site Parking, Private Medical Insurance, and many more!
Who are Ideagen?
If you have ever flown in a plane, been in hospital, or even given blood, there is a good chance we've helped keep you safe. For nearly a quarter of a century, we have been providing software solutions to thousands of customers such as the UK NHS, Virgin, PwC, Emirates, Heineken and even Harvard University. We are not a large faceless corporation, but we are not a fly-by-night dot com company either. With more than 1150 employees in multiple locations across the UK, USA, Dubai, Malaysia, and Bulgaria – not including our global Partner Network – we're one of the most exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world.