Cloud Operations Manager
Product – Cloud Operations /
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to lead our newly established Cloud Centre of Excellence. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading teams of engineers to manage, maintain, optimise, and scale our cloud infrastructure.
The Cloud Operations Manager will also collaborate across product and engineering teams to ensure our processes, products, and people are as effective as possible, aligning to best practices and ensuring the availability, reliability and security of our platforms.
- Lead and manage teams of cloud engineers to manage, monitor, and maintain our cloud infrastructure that supports our 24x7 client-facing platforms.
- Ensure alignment of cloud infrastructure standards, processes, best practices, and guidelines
- Collaborate with security teams to ensure that cloud infrastructure is secure and compliant with agreed standards and regulations.
- Provide essential reporting and ensure adherence to agreed SLAs for availability, performance etc
- Collaborate with software engineering teams to ensure that the cloud infrastructure meets their requirements.
- Work to improve the reliability, quality, performance, and scalability of our infrastructure.
Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of experience in managing cloud infrastructure in highly available 24x7 customer facing environments.
- Strong experience of cloud hosting platforms such as AWS and/or Azure.
- Strong understanding of networking, security, and storage concepts in cloud environments.
- Strong knowledge of cloud infrastructure architecture, design, and implementation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and leadership skills.
- Experience in leading teams of infrastructure engineers.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycles
- Experience with compliance standards based infrastructure such as ISO27001, Cyber Essentials & FedRAMP, and general regulatory compliance management.
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts and adoption.
- Ambitious - Drive, Planning & Execution
- Adventurous - Flexibility, Resilience & Savvy thinking
- Community - Collaboration & Communication
Who are Ideagen?
If you have ever flown in a plane, been in hospital, or even given blood, there is a good chance we've helped keep you safe. For nearly a quarter of a century, we have been providing software solutions to thousands of customers such as the UK NHS, Virgin, PwC, Emirates, Heineken and even Harvard University. We are not a large faceless corporation, but we are not a fly-by-night dot com company either. With more than 1150 employees in multiple locations across the UK, USA, Dubai, Malaysia, and Bulgaria – not including our global Partner Network – we're one of the most exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world.