Salesforce for Nonprofits Developer
Services Team /
Contract / Full-Time
Are you tenacious, pragmatic, with a keen sense of humor? You just might be an Idealist.
At Idealist Consulting, we are innovators and problem-solvers committed to global progressive action. We help impact organizations grow through Salesforce implementation, marketing automation, and managed services.
As a Salesforce Developer, you’ll partner with project teams to guide, educate, and empower clients through digital transformation and optimization projects.
How You'll Contribute
- Build client-specific solutions on the Salesforce Platform using a blend of Flow / Apex / Lightning Web Components with the goal of providing clients with sensible solutions that can be managed and maintained within the budget and personnel resources available to them
- Build integrations between external systems and Salesforce
- Assist with migration of client’s current CRM data to Salesforce and create custom code as needed
- Maintain internal library of reusable code for future project deployments
- Provide guidance and best practices around Salesforce development for both clients and staff
- Review project requirements and work with consultants and project managers to refine the technical details of project specifications
- Develop and document user instructions and administrative maintenance requirements for use in Salesforce customizations
- Contribute to the development of additional products and services
Your Background Includes
- Baseline requirements →
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - including translation of technical requirements to non-technical individuals
- Salesforce Administrator Certification
- Salesforce Platform Developer I or Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification
- Three or more years of Salesforce Platform development experience
- Demonstrated expertise in Salesforce development environments including Apex triggers / classes, Lightning Web Components, Flows, Visualforce pages / controllers, and other advanced Salesforce configuration such as Sharing and Profile & Permission Set security.
- Experience with REST API integrations
- Knowledge of object-oriented methodologies and approaches
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Experience providing technical solutions for Nonprofits
- Extra credit →
- Experience with MuleSoft integration platforms and API management solutions
- Familiarity with nonprofit operations, especially in fundraising and program management
- Salesforce Platform Developer II or Nonprofit Cloud Consultant Certification
- Previous experience with Experience Cloud / Customer Community
- Experience with code repositories such as Github and Bitbucket
- Experience with automation tools like Workato / Zapier
- Experience with ETL tools
- Experience engaging in projects with technical and cross-functional components
- Ability to solve a Rubik’s cube with your eyes closed
What You Can Expect
- Communication: clear, respectful communications and expectations setting
- Flexibility: as a contract Consultant, you define your own availability
- Community: our Consultants thrive with mutual knowledge building in multiple support channels and optional monthly Consultant meeting
- Common purpose: We help amplify the mission impact of nonprofits and other progressive organizations
$70 - $100 an hour
Contractor hourly rates are set based on experience, certifications, and specialization. Idealist Consulting reviews all contractor rate bands at least once annually. Independent contractors define their own availability and capacity. Contractors are not employees of Idealist Consulting and are therefore not eligible for benefits such as healthcare coverage and paid time off. Independent contractors are required to carry their own professional liability insurance policy.
Candidates are reviewed on a rolling basis. Role will remain open until need is fulfilled.
A Little More About Us
Idealist Consulting was founded in 2006 by returning Peace Corps volunteer Rob Jordan to help nonprofits and progressive organizations grow mission impact through technology. We’re committed to delivering innovative technical solutions to empower organizations working on some of the world's most important causes.
Idealist Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. Idealist Consulting does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its consulting and employment policies. We have a majority female leadership team and believe in the B Corp Declaration of Interdependence which states that businesses should aspire to do no harm and benefit all. Read our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion on our Ethics page.