Director of Sales
Sales – Business Development
Ideas United is a creative agency focused on producing authentic, story-driven content with a purpose.
We are a network of innovators, influencers, and trendsetters who shape cultural narratives. We know how to speak directly to a youthful audience because that’s who we are. We believe every brand has a story to tell, and we’re ready to tell them.
The Director of Sales leads and oversees the sales team who are responsible for creating and fostering new key client relationships and driving aggressive revenue goals. In addition to leading the partnerships/growth team, you will develop and implement new client relationships and pave a path for continued growth in partnerships at Ideas United.
- Lead and inspire Partnerships team during a period of high growth at Ideas United
- Oversee/maintain pipeline goals, forecasting, managing of each sales lead
- Create/oversee onboarding & orientation program for new sales team members
- Streamline sales strategy and process for all 4 IU verticals (college, branded content, higher ed and nonprofit marketing/campaigns, original content)
- Update/maintain (with marketing team) sales materials, strategy, and approach
- Work closely with the President, CEO & SVP of Partnerships to define a sales strategy that meets client / partner needs while overseeing cross-team collaboration with Account Management and Creative & Production
- Meet and exceed all sales and revenue targets
- Motivate and energize the sales team to make proactive decisions in all their communications with clients
- Identify new opportunities with existing leads
- Prepare timely and accurate reports on a monthly basis to include revenue pipeline, current active campaigns, upcoming briefs or account movements, competitor activity, campaigns missed, relevant local market information / news etc
Team Development Responsibilities
- Support CEO and President in all partnership/growth areas
- Be at the center of highly strategic, confidential planning to set the future course for Ideas United and its partners
- Lead daily needs of partnerships team, client partnerships and strategic development
- Organize and manage follow-up tasks for meetings and pitches. This includes sending recap emails, case studies, and other materials to potential clients. Help develop budgets, build samples, micro-sites, and other custom needs for the internal team.
- Maintain partnerships staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, and counseling employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results while making necessary changes to improve overall team results.
Market Research/Analysis Responsibilities
- Identify growth opportunities through market and industry analysis
- Employ analysis to the industries and markets in which Ideas United operates (including its college film festival, its creative studio/agency business, its capital campaigns business, and its original content)
- From analyses, identify where Ideas United can have a competitive advantage over competitors
- Identify niches in such opportunity spaces, researching potential clients to target and providing a compelling rationale on why resources should be focused on these areas
Education & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, marketing or related field
- A minimum of 5+ years of sales management
- 10+ years experience in direct or outside sales
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Innovative and high-achieving with the ability to motivate a team
- Organizational ability to multitask and self sufficiency are a must
- Ability to function in fast paced deadline driven environment and willingness to work occasional extended hours
We’re good at a lot of things, like eating tacos, making playlists, and throwing footballs across the office without breaking anything (well, except that one time). We’re also pretty darn good at crafting authentic and original content, events, and campaigns.
What we do goes beyond basic content creation — we take our clients on an epic journey through the perilous world of media production, dodging ineffective schedules and budget overages, and landing our clients directly in front of their uniquely engaged target demographic.
We were event planners before event planners were a thing. Over the years, we’ve produced everything from college tours to cross-country fundraising events to national conferences with hundreds of hours of programming for thousands of attendees.
Campaign, schmampaign. We’re always three steps ahead of your average strategy. Our work propels new brands to greatness and redefines existing brands in ways even they didn’t think was possible.