Marketing & Promotions Coordinator
Creative & Production – Marketing
Ideas United is a creative agency focused on producing authentic, story-driven content with a purpose.
We are a network of innovators, influencers, and trendsetters who shape cultural narratives. We know how to speak directly to a youthful audience because that’s who we are. We believe every brand has a story to tell, and we’re ready to tell them.
The Marketing & Promotions Coordinator is an integral part of the Ideas United and Campus Movie Fest marketing team, working with the Ideas United Communications Manager and Digital Content Manager to support marketing strategies, promotional efforts, and social media campaigns that drive brand awareness for both iU and CMF. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with a wide range of marketing functions, including branding, digital marketing, communications and social media. The Marketing Coordinator must be an organized multitasker able to handle many diverse projects at once and meet tight deadlines.
- Work with iU Communications Manager to develop social media strategy and calendar for Campus Movie Fest social media channels. Commission, edit, and produce written material and content for Campus Movie Fest social channels.
- Work with iU Digital Content Manager to develop schedule and content for CMF email communications.
- Report on strategy, goals, and analytics to measure success of campaigns for internal and partner communications.
- Work with Communications Manager to manage media relations and develop press releases for Campus Movie Fest, and other CMF projects.
- Work with wider CMF team to understand the digital content & promotional needs to support tour engagement and tour partnerships.
- Seek out and research promotional opportunities that would benefit iU and Campus Movie Fest in regards to brand awareness and partnership growth. Coordinate appearances and attend as on-site representative.
- Provide general marketing and promotions support to ensure goals are met.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong project management skills, computer proficiency, and knowledge of basic office machines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sense of urgency and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and other social media best practices.
- Good understanding of social media KPIs.
- 2 years experience with a variety of content forms and the ability to integrate text, still images, blogs, audio and video for digital/social media distribution
- Experience with social media content management systems and media monitoring services i.e. Cision or Meltwater.
- Four-year degree in related field (i.e. Journalism, Communications, Marketing).
- 2 years experience in related Media Relations, Journalism or Marketing field is required.
- Project management and/or special events experience is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to learn and use new technology as it evolves.
- Knowledge of digital public relations strategies and tactics.
We’re good at a lot of things, like eating tacos, making playlists, and throwing footballs across the office without breaking anything (well, except that one time). We’re also pretty darn good at crafting authentic and original content, events, and campaigns.
What we do goes beyond basic content creation — we take our clients on an epic journey through the perilous world of media production, dodging ineffective schedules and budget overages, and landing our clients directly in front of their uniquely engaged target demographic.
We were event planners before event planners were a thing. Over the years, we’ve produced everything from college tours to cross-country fundraising events to national conferences with hundreds of hours of programming for thousands of attendees.
Campaign, schmampaign. We’re always three steps ahead of your average strategy. Our work propels new brands to greatness and redefines existing brands in ways even they didn’t think was possible.