Creative & Production – Production
Ideas United is a creative agency focused on producing authentic, story-driven content with a purpose.
We are a network of innovators, influencers, and trendsetters who shape cultural narratives. We know how to speak directly to a youthful audience because that’s who we are. We believe every brand has a story to tell, and we’re ready to tell them.
Ideas United (IU) is looking for a strategic-thinking, boundary-pushing, crazy-talented Creative Director to join our team. This leadership position calls for a strong verbal and visual storyteller with experience developing and producing creative concepts for original content, campaigns, and brand experiences. Our Creative Directors can see the possibilities and approach the work and team in a way that embraces that potential and encourages innovation. We are not looking for managers, but leaders that can inspire, mentor, and guide the writers, designers, art directors, and strategists on a given project. They should be highly skilled at planning and developing the strategy, overseeing the entirety of the creative process, and moving the vision from concept to development to delivery. The Creative Directors at IU are skilled, big-picture thinkers that have the ability to approach all things related to creative with excitement and inspire those around them to explore, experiment, and play.
- Generate, develop, and produce impactful, engaging, purpose-driven, brand-defining creative
- Provide vision & lead ideation
- Able to work on multiple projects, for a variety of brands, often under tight deadlines, all while maintaining and communicating a clear sense of direction
- Translate client goals and objectives into innovative creative strategies
- Inspire, make people want to learn more, and make them take action
- Articulate the vision behind the concepts both internally & to the client
- Ask questions that help push the team & boundaries
- Foster an inclusive, positive, and highly motivated environment of trust & collaboration
- Approach work & people with empathy
- Keep up with & educate teammates about the latest trends
- Work with Project Managers to create budgets & timelines for all creative facets of a project
Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of creative leadership experience
- Strong working knowledge of the fundamentals of content, copy, and design
- Solid understanding of the full creative and design process
- Excellent conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Deep work ethic
- Great communication and presentation skills, both internally and client-facing
- Prior experience in a similar environment is a plus, but a high level of resourcefulness and an experimental attitude is a must.
- Relevant Bachelor’s: Writing, Design, Film, Art Direction
We’re good at a lot of things, like eating tacos, making playlists, and throwing footballs across the office without breaking anything (well, except that one time). We’re also pretty darn good at crafting authentic and original content, events, and campaigns.
What we do goes beyond basic content creation — we take our clients on an epic journey through the perilous world of media production, dodging ineffective schedules and budget overages, and landing our clients directly in front of their uniquely engaged target demographic.
We were event planners before event planners were a thing. Over the years, we’ve produced everything from college tours to cross-country fundraising events to national conferences with hundreds of hours of programming for thousands of attendees.
Campaign, schmampaign. We’re always three steps ahead of your average strategy. Our work propels new brands to greatness and redefines existing brands in ways even they didn’t think was possible.