Education – CMF
Campus Movie Fest, the world’s largest student film festival, is the premier outlet for the next generation of filmmakers, with more than one million students at colleges and universities worldwide getting the chance to tell their stories through film. Thanks to corporate partners and schools, CMF is completely free for students.
Summary: Campus Movie Fest, the world’s largest student film festival, is adding a member to their tour management team. Campus Movie Fest travels around the world providing students with laptops, HD video cameras, microphones, and training to create their own short films. The films then screen on college campuses, compete for prizing, and have the chance to advance to the national CMF Grand Finale event at TERMINUS Conference + Festival in Atlanta, GA. Campus Movie Fest is looking for an energetic and organized Tour Manager to lead a team of 3 to 5 members that will plan and execute regional tours at college and university campuses across the United States. The Tour Manager should be a highly organized and self-motivated individual with excellent managerial skills to help the CMF Tour meet and exceed participation goals for student filmmakers as well as attendees at Premiere screening events.
Requirements: An applicant for the Tour Manager position must be willing to travel extensively for long periods of time while on tour. They will be required to train and manage a team of 3 to 5 people. Utilizing their team, a Tour Manager must plan and execute a CMF regional tour. This entails distributing a fleet of laptops and video gear to thousands of students across dozens of college and university campuses. The Tour Manager will coordinate efforts for the entire team, which involves promoting the event, training the students in filmmaking, collecting the films and equipment, and ultimately running Premiere screenings that showcase the top films on each campus. The position requires a hardworking and efficient manager with strong leadership & marketing skills and the ability to adapt quickly to new challenges. A background in college event planning or event marketing is preferred and it is suggested that they have a strong working knowledge of Apple technology.
- Train and manage a team of 3 to 5 members.
- Coordinate the logistics of the festival with contacts at each school. This may include developing a promotions strategy, handling the logistics of Launch and Collection, and planning and executing Premiere screenings - including the projection of films.
- Create and manage the tour budget.
- Create a Tour Calendar and schedule staffing for multiple events simultaneously.
- Interface with faculty and student staff at each school.
- Report to and meet goals set by upper management.
- Coordinate travel and living arrangements for the team.
- Communicate requirements and initiatives from Central Office to all other members of the team.
- Manage and promote all corporate sponsor initiatives involved with the tour.
- Tracking inventory of a fleet of equipment consisting of Apple laptops, Panasonic cameras, Sennheiser audio gear, tripods, etc.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to drive a 17’ box truck and lift a minimum of 25 pounds are required.
- Empowering thousands of students with the ability to create their own short films.
- Work with premier brands such as Prime Video, Panasonic, Adobe, Sennheiser and many more.
- Interact with professors and administrators from dozens of the top educational institutions.
- Opportunity to travel to dozens of college campuses around the country.
- Enjoy a rewarding adventure with a one-of-a-kind company passionate about changing the lives of thousands of students.
- Housing, travel expenses, and $300 living stipend provided during the traveling periods of the Tour.
- Flexible payment options.
- Access to emerging technology including the newest Panasonic LUMIX cameras, Sennheiser audio gear, and Adobe software.
- Rapid growth potential within a young, expanding company.
- Subsidized health care options and 401k options after one year.
Pay Scale: $2,611.11 per month
9-month contract from August 1, 2019-April 30th, 2020 (payment options can vary based on employee wishes).
Housing, travel expenses, and $200 monthly living stipend provided during traveling periods of the tour.
Background of Campus Movie Fest
For nearly 20 years, Campus Movie Fest (CMF) has been providing teams of students with cameras, laptops, support, and anything else they might need to create short movies in a week. The top films enjoy a campus-wide showcase at their school’s red carpet Premiere, giving masses of students the opportunity to share their story on the big screen. Four Jury Award-winning movies from each campus then move on to compete nationally at the CMF TERMINUS Festival in Atlanta, Georgia.
CMF started as a dream for a group of students at Emory University in 2001, realizing how the movie-making experience can foster learning, development, teamwork, and community. Since then, Campus Movie Fest has enabled students to create over 20,000 short films. CMF is the only event of its kind to provide all the necessary equipment (including laptops with editing software, HD cameras, microphones, and headphones) plus training and 24/7 technical support so students can create short movies that are shared with the world.