Creative & Production – Graphic Design
Ideas United is a creative agency focused on producing authentic, story-driven content with a purpose.
We are a network of innovators, influencers, and trendsetters who shape cultural narratives. We know how to speak directly to a youthful audience because that’s who we are. We believe every brand has a story to tell, and we’re ready to tell them.
Are you a designer that also has a passion for storytelling? Do you consider yourself to be a creative thinker and conceptual designer that can tell a story through a number of lenses? We are looking for a new member of our team who is skilled in bringing ideas to life through design. Whether working on a brand overhaul or a pitch deck for a new client, our new designer will play a critical role on the Creative team. Ideas United is looking for someone who loves the entire process – from ideation to execution and production. We’re looking for someone to play a critical role on the team, capable of creating concepts and designs across disciplines including branding, identity, video, digital, print, environmental, event. We work with on a number of projects at a given time, so communication skills, time management, and the ability to multitask are essential. Working under tight deadlines is not uncommon, so our ideal candidate must be able to handle these types of situations calmly, with a clear focus and positive approach. We are looking for dedicated creatives, willing to take risks, and excited to join a team of diverse perspectives.
- Collaborate with creative directors, writers, video editors, producers, project managers, and other designers.
- Able to work on multiple projects, for a variety of clients, all while managing time and applying feedback and notes in a meaningful way.
- Build and maintain design standards and brand guides
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, designs and layouts
- Work across multiple mediums
- Comfortable actively creating as well as providing useful feedback to other team members.
- Willing to get in the mix and start learning and designing.
- Maintain hard deadlines
- Capable of thoughtfully present ideas and concepts to others on the team and clients.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of design experience
- Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign are a must
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate skills in print, video, and digital design. Motion graphics is a plus.
- Prior experience in a similar environment is a plus, but a level of resourcefulness and an experimental attitude is a must.
- Relevant Bachelor’s: Graphic Design, Art Direction, Advertising
- Experience in telling others' stories (and your own)
- Organizational superpowers
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and samples of the work or portfolio. We love creative people so feel free to include anything and everything that shows your creativity. Writing samples, design work, napkin doodles etc.
We’re good at a lot of things, like eating tacos, making playlists, and throwing footballs across the office without breaking anything (well, except that one time). We’re also pretty darn good at crafting authentic and original content, events, and campaigns.
What we do goes beyond basic content creation — we take our clients on an epic journey through the perilous world of media production, dodging ineffective schedules and budget overages, and landing our clients directly in front of their uniquely engaged target demographic.
We were event planners before event planners were a thing. Over the years, we’ve produced everything from college tours to cross-country fundraising events to national conferences with hundreds of hours of programming for thousands of attendees.
Campaign, schmampaign. We’re always three steps ahead of your average strategy. Our work propels new brands to greatness and redefines existing brands in ways even they didn’t think was possible.