Events – Event Coordinator
Ideas United is a creative agency focused on producing authentic, story-driven content with a purpose.
We are a network of innovators, influencers, and trendsetters who shape cultural narratives. We know how to speak directly to a youthful audience because that’s who we are. We believe every brand has a story to tell, and we’re ready to tell them.
(Reports to: Events Director, Ideas United)
The core responsibility of the Events Coordinator is to directly oversee the progress of all active events assigned by the Events Director. This includes training and hiring staff when needed, budget management, positive client relations, and direct day to day activity of each event. The Event Coordinator works within a team, leading events or supporting other members leading in their assigned projects.
- Hire and train a team of outside staff responsible for event coordination activities.
- Coordinate details of events such as conferences, overnight camps, awards shows, client fundraisers, and internal events.
- Calculate budgets and adjust when necessary.
- Negotiate fees for services as needed.
- Book venues, vendors, artists, décor, and entertainment.
- Plan menus, order food and hire chefs or caterers.
- Work with client to ensure all requests are met.
- Promote and drive attendance to the event when assigned.
- Analyze event performance, prepare metrics, and create internal and external reports.
- Ensure day of event goes smoothly.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in event management or related field.
- A minimum of 2 - 3 years of agency or related client-facing experience preferred.
- Ability to provide strategic and constructive feedback to cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency with G-Drive and Basecamp preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and self-sufficiency are a must.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced deadline driven environment and willingness to work occasional extended hours.
- Extended overnight travel will be required.
We’re good at a lot of things, like eating tacos, making playlists, and throwing footballs across the office without breaking anything (well, except that one time). We’re also pretty darn good at crafting authentic and original content, events, and campaigns.
What we do goes beyond basic content creation — we take our clients on an epic journey through the perilous world of media production, dodging ineffective schedules and budget overages, and landing our clients directly in front of their uniquely engaged target demographic.
We were event planners before event planners were a thing. Over the years, we’ve produced everything from college tours to cross-country fundraising events to national conferences with hundreds of hours of programming for thousands of attendees.
Campaign, schmampaign. We’re always three steps ahead of your average strategy. Our work propels new brands to greatness and redefines existing brands in ways even they didn’t think was possible.