HR and Operations – Operations
Ideas United is a creative agency focused on producing authentic, story-driven content with a purpose.
We are a network of innovators, influencers, and trendsetters who shape cultural narratives. We know how to speak directly to a youthful audience because that’s who we are. We believe every brand has a story to tell, and we’re ready to tell them.
Responsible for managing and supervising finances and maintaining financial records. Candidate will work closely with VP of HR and Operations to manage Accounts Receivable/Payable. Will also manage and monitor department budgets and company expenses. Responsible for improving and/or setting up new systems/processes. Candidate must be proactive, able to critically think and work independently
Responsibilities- Company Accounting
- Work directly with and help manage relations with current fractional CFO team
- Reconcile company accounts and assist in the preparation of financial statements each month
- Assist with audit as well as board material preparation and financial presentation to the board.
- Create / oversee company budgets including yearly, quarterly, team, and production budgets.
- Identify and communicate budget trends and efficiencies for future budgets.
- Monitor all company expenses.
- Work with offsite accounting team to ensure records are accurate and support GA tax credit reporting / preparation and end of year tax reporting / preparation.
- Manage quarterly tax payments.
- Understand and be comfortable with programs currently used including Quickbooks and Expensify. Knowledge of upgraded platforms including other accounting systems, T&E, ERP, and CRM a plus.
- Support the production team in their accounting needs including weekly reconciliation, recording, and reporting process for mid to large productions.
- Create, oversee, manage, and send all invoices created per the SOW.
- Process all incoming payments and ensure client records are kept accurate.
- Serve as point of contact for all client AP teams.
- Maintain COBRA invoicing records.
- Process all outgoing contractor payments.
- Research any missing payments and re-issue when applicable.
- Ensure all contractor tax info is on file.
- Process and send contractor 1099's.
- Programs used: QuickBooks, Shortlist, and Bluepay
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- 2+ years of QBO experience (or similar)
- 4 Year Bachelor Degree required
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to handle multiple activities
- Professional self-starter and able to work independently and collaboratively with others
We’re good at a lot of things, like eating tacos, making playlists, and throwing footballs across the office without breaking anything (well, except that one time). We’re also pretty darn good at crafting authentic and original content, events, and campaigns.
What we do goes beyond basic content creation — we take our clients on an epic journey through the perilous world of media production, dodging ineffective schedules and budget overages, and landing our clients directly in front of their uniquely engaged target demographic.
We were event planners before event planners were a thing. Over the years, we’ve produced everything from college tours to cross-country fundraising events to national conferences with hundreds of hours of programming for thousands of attendees.
Campaign, schmampaign. We’re always three steps ahead of your average strategy. Our work propels new brands to greatness and redefines existing brands in ways even they didn’t think was possible.