HR and Operations – Operations
Ideas United is a creative agency focused on producing authentic, story-driven content with a purpose.
We are a network of innovators, influencers, and trendsetters who shape cultural narratives. We know how to speak directly to a youthful audience because that’s who we are. We believe every brand has a story to tell, and we’re ready to tell them.
Responsible for managing and supervising finances and maintaining financial records. Candidate will work closely with VP of HR and Operations to manage Accounts Receivable/Payable. Will also manage and monitor department budgets and company expenses. Will work closely with the Producer and the production office to manage the day-to-day accounting office functions, and report on the project’s financial progress against the budgets. Responsible for improving and/or setting up new systems/processes. Candidate must be proactive, able to critically think and work independently
Responsibilities- Production Accounting
- Manage the reconciliation and recording process for production accounting including setting up new system or suggesting system improvements with attention to industry standards.
- Assist in developing and implementing reporting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
- Collaborate with Director of Production, Producers, and cross departments to build an efficient structure and workflow.
- Obtain, organize, and track tax credit information and liaise with audit procedure.
- Manage, Audit, and Reconcile individual production budgets per workflow standards.
- Generate and distribute accounting reports as needed.
- Identify and communicate budget trends and efficiencies for future budgets.
- Hire and supervise additional accounting personnel as needed.
- Delegate to production personnel as needed.
- Provide day-to-day accounting and financial analysis for the company’s Production, Accounting and Legal Department as needed.
Responsibilities- Accounts Receivable/Payable
- Create, manage, and send all invoices created per the SOW.
- Work closely with the Account Management team.
- Process all incoming payments and ensure client records are kept accurate.
- Serve as point of contact for all client AP teams.
- Maintain COBRA invoicing records.
- Process all outgoing contractor payments.
- Research any missing payments and re-issue when applicable.
- Ensure all contractor tax info is on file.
- Process and send contractor 1099's.
- Monitor on hand stock of checks, envelopes, stamps.
- Programs used: QuickBooks, Shortlist, and Bluepay
Responsibilities- Company Accounting
- Monitor team morale budgets.
- Monitor all company expenses.
- Reconcile company accounts each month.
- Monitor Petty Cash on hand.
- Work with our offsite accountants to ensure records are accurate.
- Send quarterly tax payments.
- Programs used: Quickbooks, Expensify
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- 2+ years of QBO experience (or similar)
- 4 Year Bachelor Degree required
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to handle multiple activities
- Professional self-starter and able to work independently and collaboratively with others
We’re good at a lot of things, like eating tacos, making playlists, and throwing footballs across the office without breaking anything (well, except that one time). We’re also pretty darn good at crafting authentic and original content, events, and campaigns.
What we do goes beyond basic content creation — we take our clients on an epic journey through the perilous world of media production, dodging ineffective schedules and budget overages, and landing our clients directly in front of their uniquely engaged target demographic.
We were event planners before event planners were a thing. Over the years, we’ve produced everything from college tours to cross-country fundraising events to national conferences with hundreds of hours of programming for thousands of attendees.
Campaign, schmampaign. We’re always three steps ahead of your average strategy. Our work propels new brands to greatness and redefines existing brands in ways even they didn’t think was possible.