Business Development Lead
Sales – Business Development
Ideas United is a creative agency focused on producing authentic, story-driven content with a purpose.
We are a network of innovators, influencers, and trendsetters who shape cultural narratives. We know how to speak directly to a youthful audience because that’s who we are. We believe every brand has a story to tell, and we’re ready to tell them.
Candidate will report to Ideas United’s VP of Partnerships and its Chief Executive Officer. As the Business Development Lead you will be working with the VP and CEO discover and drive business partnership opportunities.
New Business Development Responsibilities
- Work closely with VP and CEO to identify and pitch new business- New business leads will typically be generated by VP and CEO and the Business Development Lead will be expected to run with these leads and drive sales
- Lead pitches and presentations to potential partners/clients
- Develop proposals based on opportunities presented and discovered
- Identify new opportunities with existing leads
- Negotiate deals from beginning to end of sales cycle
- Coordinate with Creative & Production and Account Managers to ensure smooth processes from initial partnership outreach to partnership launch
- Be point of contact for strategic alliances and partnerships
- Identify opportunities for business growth through partnering with other industry players
Team Development Responsibilities
- Support VP and CEO in all partnership/growth areas
- Be at the center of highly strategic, confidential planning to set the future course for Ideas United and its partners
- Assist in the daily needs of partnership and strategic development
- Organize and manage follow-up tasks for meetings and pitches. This includes sending recap emails, case studies, and other materials to potential clients. Helping develop budgets, build samples, micro-sites, and other custom needs for the internal team.
Market Research/Analysis Responsibilities
- Identify growth opportunities through market and industry analysis
- Employ analysis to the industries and markets in which Ideas United operates (including its college film festival, its creative studio/agency business, and its original content)
- From analyses, identify where Ideas United can have a competitive advantage over competitors
- Identify niches in such opportunity spaces, researching potential clients to target and providing a compelling rationale on why resources should be focused on these areas
Desired Skills & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree, with a business-related component or significant and unique experience in lieu
- 3-7 years of experience in a related role/industry is highly preferred
- Must have a proven track record of driving revenue and/or developing partnerships
- Ambitious with a competitive spirit to help drive growth
We’re good at a lot of things, like eating tacos, making playlists, and throwing footballs across the office without breaking anything (well, except that one time). We’re also pretty darn good at crafting authentic and original content, events, and campaigns.
What we do goes beyond basic content creation — we take our clients on an epic journey through the perilous world of media production, dodging ineffective schedules and budget overages, and landing our clients directly in front of their uniquely engaged target demographic.
We were event planners before event planners were a thing. Over the years, we’ve produced everything from college tours to cross-country fundraising events to national conferences with hundreds of hours of programming for thousands of attendees.
Campaign, schmampaign. We’re always three steps ahead of your average strategy. Our work propels new brands to greatness and redefines existing brands in ways even they didn’t think was possible.