HR and Operations – Executive Assistant
Ideas United is a creative agency focused on producing authentic, story-driven content with a purpose.
We are a network of innovators, influencers, and trendsetters who shape cultural narratives. We know how to speak directly to a youthful audience because that’s who we are. We believe every brand has a story to tell, and we’re ready to tell them.
The Executive Assistant will support the CEO & President. The ideal candidate should be organized, detail-oriented, flexible, creative, committed, and passionate about his/her work providing administrative & business support to senior level leadership. The ideal EA will be able to work independently performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative and clerical support duties and also be a team player with a positive attitude and professional disposition. Confidentiality and discretion are key for this role and must be taken seriously. Due to the visibility of the position, the candidate needs to work well with all levels at Ideas United and external partners.
- Assist CEO/President daily and ensure prioritization
- Maintain appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conference calls and travel
- Heavy calendar management; be flexible to accommodate last minute changes and additions while ensuring the day-to-day needs of business are met
- Perform administrative duties and functions requiring confidentiality and discretion, initiative, and sound decision-making
- Plan and execute all associated logistics around meetings (agendas, copies, room setup, catering), initiate and coordinate departmental and off-site meetings, conferences, etc
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Anticipate and coordinate travel arrangements including changes.
- Conserve CEO/President’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting emails and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating calls.
- Manage monthly expense reports for the CEO/President
- Presentation creation and editing via Apple Keynote software
- Occasional personal tasks and personal calendar management as needed
- Collaborate and maintain close relationships with the VP’s, be the eyes and ears on the ground, alert the executives of important cultural issues within team
- Be proactive vs reactive, anticipating needs of the CEO/President before being asked as much as possible
Education & Requirements
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management
- Mac OS, Google Drive, Keynote, Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with IU-specific programs and software
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and writing skills
- Friendly and professional demeanor
We’re good at a lot of things, like eating tacos, making playlists, and throwing footballs across the office without breaking anything (well, except that one time). We’re also pretty darn good at crafting authentic and original content, events, and campaigns.
What we do goes beyond basic content creation — we take our clients on an epic journey through the perilous world of media production, dodging ineffective schedules and budget overages, and landing our clients directly in front of their uniquely engaged target demographic.
We were event planners before event planners were a thing. Over the years, we’ve produced everything from college tours to cross-country fundraising events to national conferences with hundreds of hours of programming for thousands of attendees.
Campaign, schmampaign. We’re always three steps ahead of your average strategy. Our work propels new brands to greatness and redefines existing brands in ways even they didn’t think was possible.