Sales – Business Development
Ideas United is a creative agency focused on producing authentic, story-driven content with a purpose.
We are a network of innovators, influencers, and trendsetters who shape cultural narratives. We know how to speak directly to a youthful audience because that’s who we are. We believe every brand has a story to tell, and we’re ready to tell them.
Partnerships Lead will report to Ideas United’s VP of Partnerships and its Chief Executive Officer. As the Partnerships Lead, you will be working with the VP and CEO to research, discover, and drive business partnership opportunities. This is a full-time position.
- Organize and manage follow-up tasks for all meetings. This includes: sending recap emails, case studies, and other materials to potential clients, internal budget requests, samples / case studies, microsite builds, and custom needs.
- Build and maintain a library of assets and templates as well as processes to streamline both external and internal follow-up needs. Note: many have already been built and the need will be focused on improving and maintaining.
- Meeting and presentation prep, such as research and customizing capability pitches
- Develop and revise proposals based on client meetings and needs
- Develop high level concepts to present to clients based on their needs and our capabilities
- Help write creative briefs and SOWs
- Be point of contact for strategic alliances and partnerships
- Keep track of next steps and deadlines for potential partnerships
- Manage, organize, and assist VP and CEO in scheduling needs including coordinating with potential clients
- Research new opportunities for Ideas United, brainstorming possible people and companies with whom to work and partner
- Coordinate with Creative & Production and Account Managers to ensure smooth processes from initial partnership outreach to partnership launch
- Provide regular internal updates to other iU departments
- Lead pitches and presentations to potential partners/clients
- Manage and grow strategic alliances and partnerships
- Create, manage and implement new business growth/sales initiatives
- Identify growth opportunities in the US through comprehensive market and industry analysis
- Assess the capabilities and assets of Ideas United against the capabilities of other players in the industry
Desired Skills and Education
- A Bachelor’s Degree, with a business-related component or significant and unique experience in lieu
- 1-3 years of experience in a related role/industry is highly preferable
- Must have great interpersonal and writing skills
- Ambitious with a competitive spirit to help drive growth
- Proven track record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Passion for film, education, entertainment, and/or marketing
We’re good at a lot of things, like eating tacos, making playlists, and throwing footballs across the office without breaking anything (well, except that one time). We’re also pretty darn good at crafting authentic and original content, events, and campaigns.
What we do goes beyond basic content creation — we take our clients on an epic journey through the perilous world of media production, dodging ineffective schedules and budget overages, and landing our clients directly in front of their uniquely engaged target demographic.
We were event planners before event planners were a thing. Over the years, we’ve produced everything from college tours to cross-country fundraising events to national conferences with hundreds of hours of programming for thousands of attendees.
Campaign, schmampaign. We’re always three steps ahead of your average strategy. Our work propels new brands to greatness and redefines existing brands in ways even they didn’t think was possible.