Education – CMF
Campus Movie Fest, the world’s largest student film festival, is the premier outlet for the next generation of filmmakers, with more than one million students at colleges and universities worldwide getting the chance to tell their stories through film. Thanks to corporate partners and schools, CMF is completely free for students.
Summary: Campus Movie Fest, the world’s largest student film festival, is adding a member to their tour management team. Campus Movie Fest travels around the world providing students with laptops, HD video cameras, microphones, and training to create their own short films in a week. The films then screen on college campuses, compete for prizing, and have the chance to advance to the national CMF Grand Finale event at the TERMINUS Conference + Festival in Atlanta, GA.
The Promotions Manager is responsible for assembling, training, and managing a promotions team that will help market CMF to students, faculty, and clubs on college campuses.
The Promotions Manager should be a highly organized and self-motivated individual with a competitive spirit to help the CMF Tour meet and exceed participation goals for student filmmakers as well as attendees at Premiere screening events.
Requirements: An applicant for the Promotions Manager position must be willing to travel extensively for long periods of time while on Tour. They must be outgoing and friendly with excellent communications skills and confidence to speak in front of small and large audiences. The Promotions Manager should energetically engage students and clearly explain what Campus Movie Fest is and why it is such an amazing event. They should be able to innovate new ways to promote CMF and motivate their promotions team. They should use their creativity to add value to the events and improve the experiences of the students. A background in college event planning or event marketing is preferred, and it is suggested that they have a strong working knowledge of Apple technology. Experience with a variety of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat is required.
- Hire, train, and manage a grass-roots promotions staff for the tour.
- Recruit, train, and work with student volunteers to develop a custom marketing strategy for each school. (How to promote? When to promote? Where to promote?)
- Develop and execute the marketing strategy for each campus and schedule the promotions staff and student volunteers to fulfill it.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to coordinate promotions strategies on multiple campuses simultaneously.
- Promote corporate partner initiatives and serve as an ambassador for their brands.
- Work with the schools to ensure we have access to the best places to promote and are taking advantage of all on-campus opportunities for promoting CMF.
- Develop and execute Social Media strategy for on-campus events and sponsor initiatives on multiple platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Update Press Releases and liaison with campus media outlets including campus newspaper, radio station, television station, and blogs. “Be the face” of the CMF Tour.
- Help Tour Manager prepare and inventory all necessary resources for the tour.
- Assist the Tour Manager in running the day-to-day operations of the tour.
- Work with Tour Manager to delegate responsibilities, manage, and supervise CMF co-ops (semester-long interns who travel with the CMF Tours).
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to drive a 17’ box truck and lift a minimum of 25 lbs. are required.
- Empowering thousands of students with the ability to create their own short films.
- Work with premier brands such as Prime Video, Panasonic, Adobe, Sennheiser, and many more.
- Interact with professors and administrators from dozens of the top educational institutions.
- Opportunity to travel to dozens of college campuses around the country.
- Enjoy a rewarding adventure with a one-of-a-kind company passionate about changing the lives of thousands of students.
- Housing, travel expenses, and $200 living stipend provided during the traveling periods of the Tour.
- Flexible payment options.
- Access to emerging technology including the newest Panasonic LUMIX cameras, Sennheiser audio gear, and Adobe software.
- Rapid growth potential within a young, expanding company.
- Subsidized health care options and 401k options after one year.
Pay Scale: $2,472.22 per month
9-month contract from August 1, 2019-April 30th, 2020 (payment options can vary based on employee wishes).
Housing, travel expenses, and $300 monthly living stipend provided during traveling periods of the tour.
Background of Campus Movie Fest
For nearly 20 years, Campus Movie Fest (CMF) has been providing teams of students with cameras, laptops, support, and anything else they might need to create short movies in a week. The top films enjoy a campus-wide showcase at their school’s red carpet Premiere, giving masses of students the opportunity to share their story on the big screen. Four Jury Award-winning movies from each campus then move on to compete nationally at the CMF TERMINUS Festival in Atlanta, Georgia.
CMF started as a dream for a group of students at Emory University in 2001, realizing how the movie-making experience can foster learning, development, teamwork, and community. Since then, Campus Movie Fest has enabled students to create over 20,000 short films. CMF is the only event of its kind to provide all the necessary equipment (including laptops with editing software, HD cameras, microphones, and headphones) plus training and 24/7 technical support so students can create short movies that are shared with the world.