Senior Account Manager
Account Management – Account Management
Ideas United is a creative agency focused on producing authentic, story-driven content with a purpose.
We are a network of innovators, influencers, and trendsetters who shape cultural narratives. We know how to speak directly to a youthful audience because that’s who we are. We believe every brand has a story to tell, and we’re ready to tell them.
The Senior Account Manager’s (SAM) core responsibility is to for the maintenance and growth of key accounts. This includes serving as the primary relationship owner responsible for retention and growth. The SAM is responsible for leading the client on-boarding process, presenting strategy to ensure the success of each established deliverable and working closely with each client to develop workflows for communication and delivery of assets. Internally, the SAM is responsible for fostering a highly communicative working relationship with internal teams (specifically the PM group) to ensure clients’ needs are being met, high-quality products are developed and the internal team is set up to be successful. SAM will also be responsible for working with internal Partnership Lead to identify and close new business opportunities within the client organization.
- Manage one main client relationship with up to 7 - 10 accounts, concurrently, developing positive working relationships
- Serve as the day-to-day contact on accounts, providing status updates and deliverables and relaying all client feedback to the internal team
- Enable client retention and identify areas for potential growth/upsell
- Oversee all active accounts and work to ensure successful delivery
- Work with Partnerships Lead to identify and secure additional opportunities within client organization
- Work with other internal departments, namely Project Management, in order to oversee and assist with the progress of all projects
- Ensure timely delivery of all assets
Education and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field
- A minimum of 7 - 10 years of agency or related client-facing experience
- Experience in a management role
- Ability to provide strategic and constructive feedback to cross-functional teams
- Proficiency with G-Drive and Basecamp preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Organization, ability to multitask and self sufficiency are a must
- Ability to function in fast paced deadline driven environment and willingness to work occasional extended hours
We’re good at a lot of things, like eating tacos, making playlists, and throwing footballs across the office without breaking anything (well, except that one time). We’re also pretty darn good at crafting authentic and original content, events, and campaigns.
What we do goes beyond basic content creation — we take our clients on an epic journey through the perilous world of media production, dodging ineffective schedules and budget overages, and landing our clients directly in front of their uniquely engaged target demographic.
We were event planners before event planners were a thing. Over the years, we’ve produced everything from college tours to cross-country fundraising events to national conferences with hundreds of hours of programming for thousands of attendees.
Campaign, schmampaign. We’re always three steps ahead of your average strategy. Our work propels new brands to greatness and redefines existing brands in ways even they didn’t think was possible.