HR and Operations – Operations
Ideas United is a creative agency focused on producing authentic, story-driven content with a purpose.
We are a network of innovators, influencers, and trendsetters who shape cultural narratives. We know how to speak directly to a youthful audience because that’s who we are. We believe every brand has a story to tell, and we’re ready to tell them.
Ideas United (iU) is looking for an organizational pro with an infectious positive attitude to become our office manager. The candidate needs to be a team player with the desire to jump in and assist in a variety of tasks when needed. The office manager works alongside our HR team so a candidate who is professional and discrete is a must. Due to the visibility of the position, the candidate needs to work well with all levels at iU and external partners.
- Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands
- Organize, order, and stock office snacks and kitchen supplies
- Manage daily housekeeping and assign tasks as needed
- Provide general support to visitors
- Answer office phone and relay messages
- Maintain and order office supplies
- Help with roll out and enforcement of office policies
- Assist with light financial work such as credit card reconciliation and budgeting
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Basic IT support for office equipment (laptops, printers, scanners, etc.)
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord
- Maintain and help enforce office organization and cleanliness
- Help plan and implement changes in office/desk layout to maintain efficiency as we grow
- Choose and distribute client and employee gifting
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events
- Plan team building and morale events to support the Ideas United staff
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and organized
We’re good at a lot of things, like eating tacos, making playlists, and throwing footballs across the office without breaking anything (well, except that one time). We’re also pretty darn good at crafting authentic and original content, events, and campaigns.
What we do goes beyond basic content creation — we take our clients on an epic journey through the perilous world of media production, dodging ineffective schedules and budget overages, and landing our clients directly in front of their uniquely engaged target demographic.
We were event planners before event planners were a thing. Over the years, we’ve produced everything from college tours to cross-country fundraising events to national conferences with hundreds of hours of programming for thousands of attendees.
Campaign, schmampaign. We’re always three steps ahead of your average strategy. Our work propels new brands to greatness and redefines existing brands in ways even they didn’t think was possible.