Director/Senior Director, Head of Pharmacology
South San Francisco /
Biology – Pharmacology /
IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage synthetic lethality-focused precision medicine oncology company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality – which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response.
IDEAYA has an industry leading platform and pipeline in Synthetic Lethality. IDEAYA has established strategic collaborations with Amgen and Pfizer supporting its pipeline programs, and also has wholly-owned or controlled clinical and preclinical programs.
When you're at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward. For more information, please see www.ideayabio.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to lead our exceptional In-Vivo Pharmacology team supporting the discovery and development of our portfolio of novel small molecule oncology therapeutics. As a functional area lead, this individual will devise and execute on the preclinical pharmacology strategy utilizing cross-functional collaborations to ensure delivery of high quality data packages in support of target discovery through to regulatory filings. This position will report into the Vice President of Preclinical Sciences.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of scientists conducting in-vivo and ex-vivo assessments, including efficacy and PK/PD studies, evaluation of target engagement, and organoid/spheroid cultures to support MOA and POC assessments
- Communicate the preclinical pharmacology strategy and present data to internal and external stakeholders, manage external collaborations, and represent In-Vivo Pharmacology during diligence activities
- Collaborate with other functional area leads and program team members to enable timely advancement of molecules
- Manage resource allocation, including leveraging CRO partners and academic collaborators as needed
- Author regulatory documents and oversee delivery of required reports
- Foster the professional development of the In-Vivo Pharmacology team members, ensuring both strategic and technical growth of individuals
- Highly motivated, data-driven scientist with proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally to deliver on program goals
- Have a solutions-oriented mindset and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Highly capable leader and mentor
- PhD with postdoctoral experience in Pharmacology, Biology or related field and at least 10 years of industry experience in the oncology field
- Strong background in tumor biology and/or tumor models (syngeneic, PDX, humanized) with extensive hands-on experience
- Experience outsourcing and managing multiple CRO partners
- Experience managing a team of scientists in the pharmaceutical setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Vivarium management and IACUC experience is a plus
- Experience authoring relevant sections of regulatory documents is a plus
The salary range for this position at the Director level is between $204,864 and $236,078. The salary range is an estimate and may vary based on the Company’s compensation practices.
The salary range for this position at the Senior Director level is between $253,750 and $285,253. The salary range is an estimate and may vary based on the Company’s compensation practices.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company’s facilities, with partial work-from-home flexibility, and the Company requires that all employees working in its facilities be fully vaccinated (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.
Along with our highly collaborative and inclusive environment, IDEAYA offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes (but is not limited to) medical/dental/vision coverage (100% company paid for employees and 90% company paid for dependents), retirement benefits, ESPP and wellness programs. All full-time employees will also be eligible for an annual bonus and equity refresh.
IDEAYA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, IDEAYA does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets.