UI / User Interface Designer
IDT Corporation – Boss Revolution
Here at IDT, we are looking for a talented and creative UI Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI design skills and be able to translate high-level (and sometimes complicated) requirements into interaction flows and artifacts and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
You will work on an energetic team of UI Designers with access to a full-time UX Researcher. You’ll be working on existing products that have over a million users around the world and are growing rapidly. You’ll also have the opportunity to work on brand new product designs. You will be expected to handle tough challenges across multiple products – both web and mobile – and work on different scrum teams between sprints.
We have small, highly agile scrum teams that are highly motivated and incented to produce great products quickly and efficiently, and have fun doing it. Here at IDT, we work hard and we play hard. And we hire people we want to work with and we enjoy spending time with at, and away from, the office.
This position can be remote (work from home) for the right, highly self-motivated candidate.
What we expect you will accomplish…
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for mobile and web applications, focused on the user interface design and workflow within the application
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to Engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Consume user research and evaluate user feedback and adjust designs accordingly
- Use, promote, and amend design guidelines, best practices, and standards
What we expect you have done…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field2+ years professional experience in UI Design
- Proven UI design experience
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps
- Proficiency in Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD, Balsamiq, OmniGraffle, Invision, Quartz or other visual design and wireframing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to human interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
You will really impress us if you have…
- A Bachelor’s Degree in UX Design, Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Graphic Arts, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years professional experience in UI Design
At IDT, we understand the challenge of being apart from those who matter most. Communicating, transferring money, and mobile phone service must be safe, simple, and affordable. Our flagship brand, Boss Revolution, which includes our International Calling, Mobile Top Up, and Money Transfer services, as well as our Boss Revolution Mobile, net2phone, National Retail Solutions, IDT Express, and IDT Carrier Services divisions all support IDT’s mission of enabling our customers to keep in touch and share resources with their friends and family around the world.
IDT is listed on the NYSE, employs over 1000 people across 20+ countries and has revenues in excess of $1.5 billion. Since 1990, IDT Telecom has remained a pioneer in Prepaid VoIP and UCaaS telephony. Today, we are an industry leader in prepaid communication and payment services and are one of the world's largest international voice carriers.