Lead Java Software Engineer (SVP Team)
IDT Corporation – BOSS Revolution /
IDT Technologies is seeking an experienced Lead Java Software Engineer to join our growing team in Minsk.
You will have an opportunity to:
- Technically guide and lead the scrum team on both new features development and bug fixes;
- Take responsibility for the full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding to deployment and maintenance;
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and take active participation in all scrum events;
- Demonstrate your technology agnostic positive attitude with the ability learn and desire to implement solutions using various and new technologies (e.g., C#, Go, Java, JS, C++, Dart, Kotlin);
- Work on high-performing, mission-critical, scalable and resilient web-based applications and services;
- Drive aggressive reduction of technical debt in close collaboration with developers and automation test engineers;
- Participate in hiring new developers as a technical interviewer.
The primary responsibility of this position is to drive the development of our Awards2Go gift cards platform. We have some ambitious goals for the next 12 months which include new services development, upgrading existing ones and fixing a lot of tech debt (architectural changes, CI/CD automation, Dockerizing, etc.).
- Experience in full cycle of development from implementation to prod deployment and support;
- Experience in building scalable and highly-available system architectures;
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience with Java;
- Deep knowledge in Java web applications development and hands-on experience with Tomcat and Spring Framework;
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases like Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis or similar;
- Hands-on experience with Maven, Git, Docker and Linux;
- Hands-on experience in CI/CD pipelines creation;
- English good oral and written communication skills.
We would like to see:
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms;
- Knowledge of some other high level programming languages like C#, C++, Go;
- An understanding of modern design patterns and proven experience applying them.
- An exciting and challenging job and talented people around.
- Really good hardware (a laptop with 32 GB RAM and 512 GB SSD)
- Free regular English lessons in the office
- Professional training, seminars and conferences compensation
- Many opportunities to grow, both professionally and in the career
- Free parking available most of the time
- Work environment: world-class office, fresh coffee, tea, fruits and cookies, shower, chill-out zone, corporate library, free car/bicycle parking place, 5 minutes walk to underground (Lenina str., / Centre “LeninGrad”)
- Regular team-building events
- Flexible working hours, 26 vacation days per year, 5 sick days a year fully covered (paid) without sick leave required
- Free Medical insurance, Sports activities reimbursement
- Extra perks: relocation package for foreign citizens, referral bonuses, cash gifts for significant life events (birthdays, marriages, childbirths, etc.)
- Competitive salary
IDT Technologies is based in Minsk and is registered in Hi-Tech Park. IDT Technologies is a part of IDT Corporation - an American telecommunications company founded in 1990 and headquartered in Newark, New Jersey. Today IDT Corporation is an industry leader in prepaid communication and payment services and is one of the world's largest international voice carriers. IDT’s flagship brand is Boss Revolution, which includes International Calling, Mobile Top Up, and Money Transfer services. IDT is listed on the NYSE, employs over 1000 people across 20+ countries and has revenues in excess of $1.5 billion.