Senior/Lead Java Software Engineer (SVP Team)
IDT Corporation – IDT Technologies /
IDT Technologies is seeking an experienced Senior/Lead Java Software Engineer to join our growing team in Minsk.
The primary responsibility of this position is to drive the development of our Awards2Go gift cards platform. We have some ambitious goals for the next 12 months which include new services development, upgrading existing ones and fixing a lot of tech debt (architectural changes, CI/CD automation, Dockerizing, etc.).
You will have an opportunity to:
- Technically guide and lead the scrum team on both new features development and bug fixes;
- Take responsibility for the full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding to deployment and maintenance;
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and take active participation in all scrum events;
- Demonstrate your technology agnostic positive attitude with the ability learn and desire to implement solutions using various and new technologies (e.g., C#, Go, Java, JS, C++, Dart, Kotlin);
- Work on high-performing, mission-critical, scalable and resilient web-based applications and services;
- Drive aggressive reduction of technical debt in close collaboration with developers and automation test engineers;
- Participate in hiring new developers as a technical interviewer.
- Experience in full cycle of development from implementation to prod deployment and support;
- Experience in building scalable and highly-available system architectures;
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience with Java;
- Deep knowledge in Java web applications development and hands-on experience with Tomcat and Spring Framework;
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases like Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis or similar;
- Hands-on experience with Maven, Git, Docker and Linux;
- English good oral and written communication skills.
We would like to see:
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms;
- Hands-on experience in CI/CD pipelines creation;
- Knowledge of some other high level programming languages like C#, C++, Go;
- An understanding of modern design patterns and proven experience applying them.
Few words about us:
IDT Corporation is an American telecommunications company founded in 1990 and headquartered in New Jersey. We are industry leaders in prepaid communication and payment services and one of the largest international voice carriers. We are listed on the NYSE, employ 1500 people across 20 countries and have revenues in excess of $1.5 billion.
We are not ”another big IT-corporation” – we encourage and support any in-house entrepreneurs to develop their ideas into business action.
If you are here, seems like you are really interested, so let’s chat! 😉