Senior Backend Engineer (Remote)
San Francisco or Remote /
Engineering – Engineering /
WTF is IFTTT?!
Do you want to make the internet work better for millions of people?
We believe every thing works better together. IFTTT is saving people time & money by making it easy to find and create useful ways to integrate the services in their world. We build products that are fast, reliable, and well designed. We just launched a new offering that has created significant new revenue and we need help making it better.
- Own, manage and create the backend systems supporting billions of API calls per day
- Experience with services operating at consumer scale at a startup on the cusp of dramatic organizational growth
- Collaborate daily with engineering, product, marketing, support, and finance
- Experience coaching other software engineers in building and maintaining services that scale to millions of users and billions of transactions per day
- Experience creating, maintaining and optimizing real-time systems at scale
- Passionate about high performance and cost efficient services and infrastructure
- Architect, develop, and deploy improvements to IFTTT’s core runtime platform
- Enhance tools for monitoring, logging, and alerting
- A scrappy “figure it out and ship” attitude
This role is ideal for someone who wants to push the envelope in terms of performant systems at scale. You are eager to make technology and architecture decisions that impact millions of users and some of the world’s biggest brand names.
What we are looking for:
- Advanced working knowledge of designing and implementing complex service based architectures at scale
- Deep knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Ruby, JS)
- Deep knowledge of at least one statically typed language (e.g. Java, Scala, Go)
- Production experience with AWS
- 4+ years’ hands on experience programming and improving large scale web services
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize individual workload and roadmaps
- Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects involving legacy systems where performance and reliability are critical
- Nice to have: experience with Ruby, Node, Typescript
Benefits & Perks:
- Fast-paced and collaborative remote environment where you will regularly engage with our senior leadership
- Competitive compensation
- Health (medical, dental & vision), Transit, Flex Spending & 401(k) benefits
- Meaningful Equity
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Generous paid holidays/company off days per year
- New Hire Stipend (remote workstation)