Head of Operations
Corporate – Operations /
We want to give people the freedom and confidence to pursue what matters to them in life. Because they know they’re covered. Because people-first. Igloo is a Singapore-headquartered regional insurtech benefiting millions of people across SEA, in countries that count as the most underinsured. Build the future of insurance with us by doing what you do best.
Join us if you desire to create impact and do good. Work with our teams across Singapore, China, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam and Malaysia.
We are looking for a Head of Operations to oversee the operations of Igloo across all our markets. This key team member reports directly into the COO and will be responsible for designing the operations strategy aligned with the business direction, as well as to own the success of the operations team. You should be a leader to your team, with a high level of accountability, an analytical and strategic mind and a good understanding of the Insurtech or Fintech space and the pain points that we are on a mission to solve.
What you will do:
- Design, develop and deliver annual operating plan and strategy for the operations department (aligned with overall company OKRs and the company’s vision)
- Own operational excellency across the company with the vision to create a setup that is smooth and efficient for all stakeholders involved – challenge the status quo, always
- Develop overall customer service operations strategy across the company and make sure we have the right team and tools in place to analyse efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Lead, manage, and mentor the regional operations teams to help them perform at their best, enjoy their work, and grow into their roles
- Identify pain points of internal processes/tools used by Ops team and work with cross functional teams to increase scalability
- Own vendor selection process and manage key vendor relationships to ensure Igloo is working with the best partners to help us scale
What you will need:
- 5-8 years of relevant experience, ideally in a Fintech/Insurtech company
- Regional team management experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of data analytics and how it can be used for strategic goal setting and decision making
- Strategic thinker with excellent organizational skills, thriving for structure and clarity throughout and never missing deadlines
- Strong leadership qualities, striving for bringing out the best in people, and helping them grow
- Ability to understand new functional areas quickly, being confident talking to cross-functional teams in order to find the best solutions to scale the company
- Ambitious and yet humble, open to feedback, and able to provide constructive feedback to the team
- Mandarin language capability a good to have :)