We want to give people the freedom and confidence to pursue what matters to them in life. Because they know they’re covered. Because people-first. Igloo is a Singapore-headquartered regional insurtech benefiting millions of people across SEA, in countries that count as the most underinsured. Build the future of insurance with us by doing what you do best.
Join us if you desire to create impact and do good. Work with our teams across Singapore, China, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines and Vietnam.
As the key component to high performing cross functional teams, you are passionate about bringing your squad to a new level. You deeply understand and advocate agile principals and are comfortable guiding and mentoring others. You are a clear communicator and are equally fluent in translating company goals and objectives to help guide the team through complex environments as facilitating conversation with the rest of the organization to efficiently identify and remove impediments to the team’s progress.
In essence, you bring genuine empowerment to the team through the implementation and adoption of Agile processes.
What you will do:
- Ensure that the team understands the goals and scope of individual user stories, how they lead into epics and how this fits into the overall strategy to help encourage high quality, high value products
- Help the team agree and commit to what they can achieve during each development sprint
- Ensure all blockers and impediments are resolved so that the team can deliver all they commit to (or more!)
- Facilitate all Agile rituals from Planning and Daily Standups through to Sprint Reviews and Retros
- Help the team continuously make progress on the project, making sure each person is working on the right tasks, removing any obstacles to the team members’ progress, and protecting the team from distractions.
Serves the product manager by:
- Making sure everyone on the team understands the project’s goals and scope
- Helping the product manager maintain the product backlog
- Facilitating scrum events (daily standups, other meetings) as needed
- Helping the team adhere to best practice with regards to processes and Jira/Confluence usage
Serves the development team by:
- Explaining the “why” behind individual user stories; how the pieces fit toward a wider goal
- Coaching the development team in Agile processes
- Empowering the team to become self-organized
- Helping to remove obstacles to the developers’ progress
- Facilitating scrum events (daily standups, other meetings) as needed.
Serves the entire organization by:
- Encouraging the organization to adopt the scrum methodology in their own workflow
- Coaching the organization on the transition to a scrum working framework
- Keeping the organization, particularly the project’s stakeholders, up to date on the progress of the scrum team’s projects.
What you will need:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an Agile environment
- Minimum 1 year as a Scrum Master
- Intimate knowledge of Jira/Confluence (or equivalent)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Commerce, Business Administration Information Management, Engineering, or similar
- Scrum/Agile Certification Agile certification (CSM, PSM, SFC, etc.)
- Ability to converse well in Mandarin and English
- Ability to demonstrate organization, planning, decision making, negotiating, diplomacy, and change management skills
- Ability to lead with confidence, influence and work well at all levels of an organization and in a cross functional team environment