Head of Innovation
We want to give people the freedom and confidence to pursue what matters to them in life. Because they know they’re covered. Because people-first. Igloo is a Singapore-headquartered regional insurtech benefiting millions of people across SEA, in countries that count as the most underinsured. Build the future of insurance with us by doing what you do best.
Join us if you desire to create impact and do good. Work with our teams across Singapore, China, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines and Vietnam.
We are looking for an experienced UX practitioner that is as equally versed in overseeing and executing best practice with regards to design methodologies, customer research and innovation as they are with growing and managing teams across cultures and countries.
You will be leading the regional UX and design teams, as well devising strategies for innovation, growth and user engagement, and overseeing and coordinating research to support the companies regionwide goals.
You have a background in Design Thinking and Agile and have experience implementing and embedding UX within existing cross functional teams. On top of this experience, you genuinely believe in the processes, standards and methodologies that you will be advocating and implementing. This role will report to the Head of Product.
- Actively manage and plan the Regional team structure;
- Support, guidance and feedback for the team;
- Plan, prioritize and set inspiring objectives for the team members. Empower them with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Instigate a regional wide research philosophy;
- Inspire a Design Thinking mindset within the team
- Work on career growth and succession planning for the team;
- Provide the team with ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development.
- Drive innovation;
- Lead the team in defining the user goals on the project and collaborate with other disciplines to ensure the features achieve them;
- Conduct user interviews and arrange focus groups to understand our users;
- Account for user feedback and the efficient use of user research services to optimize the game experience;
- Work closely with all teams to achieve better accessibility and inclusivity and find new approaches;
- Ensure that clear lines of communication are kept open with key stakeholders by updating them on the progress and challenges;
- Be a champion for improving standards of all UX design practices;
- Combine innovation with strong knowledge of industry standards and enable your team to do the same;
- Help and guide the team to produce clear and effective design documentation.
What you will bring:
- Key knowledge and understanding in UX design and its approaches;
- Excellent knowledge of current UX design methodologies;
- Be an advocate and ambassador for the team and their features and the sharing of information from them;
- Able to create, manage and track work for a team of designers and have a strong knowledge of the relevant tools to do so;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with impact whilst promoting an open dialogue with your team;
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills of your own and the teams time;
- Proactive, self-motivated and comfortable making difficult decisions;
- Be exemplary, attentive, supportive and constructive around taking on or giving feedback.
What you should have:
- At least 8 years of proven experience in UI/UX design with a strong understanding of design principles, user-centered design methods, and design processes.
- At least 4 years managing international Design and innovation teams
- Good eye for visual design and hands- on experience in user interface design for web, mobile and touch devices;
- Working knowledge of common mobile and front-end web development processes
- Self-motivated, innovative, and proactive.
- Willing to learn and explore unfamiliar domains - experience working in a startup environment is a definite plus
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction, visual communication, or equivalent experience in product design
- Proven experience in working with development and product teams
- Exceptional portfolio showcasing a wide range of product design work including responsive website, app design
- Deep empathy for users and solid foundation in interaction design techniques
- Strong communication and visual design skills with a deep understanding of information design fundamentals such as typography, layout, and information hierarchy
- Ability to frame problems clearly, bring in original ideas and approaches to solving them and persuasively communicate the most compelling solutions
- Experience working with design tools like Figma, Sketch, InVision, etc
- Excellent verbal, communication, and presentation skills in English
- Mandarin a big plus
Preferred Experience :)
- Experience in start-ups and fast-growing environments
- Experience in working in the insurance or adjacent industries
- Understanding of HTML & CSS, and ability to discuss possibilities and constraints with developers
- Experience in design enterprise-level SaaS product