Senior Data Engineer
We want to give people the freedom and confidence to pursue what matters to them in life. Because they know they’re covered. Because people-first. Igloo is a Singapore-headquartered regional insurtech benefiting millions of people across SEA, in countries that count as the most underinsured. Build the future of insurance with us by doing what you do best.
Join us if you desire to create impact and do good. Work with our teams across Singapore, China, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines and Vietnam.
What you will do:
- Build data driven systems for risk control, fraud detection, recommendation, customer segmentation, adaptive pricing etc.
- Build, validate, test, and deploy models and algorithms.
- Work with backend engineers to architect data storage and processing pipelines.
- Work with product managers to develop new product features based on insights from data.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics, or fields related to big data preferred.
- Experience in big data processing with Python, R or Scala.
- Min. 2 years experience in building data pipelines using distributed processing frameworks (e.g Spark, Hadoop, Kafka) and MPP databases (e.g BigQuery).
- Operational experience with industrialization, orchestration (e.g Kubernetes), containers in cloud (e.g Docker) is a must.
- Knowledge in supervised/unsupervised learning, classification/clustering algorithms, feature engineering/optimization is a plus
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, innovative, and proactive. Willing to learn new knowledge and explore unfamiliar domains.