Jakarta, Indonesia /
We want to give people the freedom and confidence to pursue what matters to them in life. Because they know they’re covered. Because people-first. Igloo is a Singapore-headquartered regional insurtech benefiting millions of people across SEA, in countries that count as the most underinsured. Build the future of insurance with us by doing what you do best.
Join us if you desire to create impact and do good. Work with our teams across Singapore, China, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines and Vietnam.
The Accountant will be responsible for day-to-day financial and accounting operations within the group for payment, AR & AP entries, intercompany entries, bank reconciliation, revenue billing, and other transactions.
- Manage month-end and quarter-end closing activities which include reconciliation processes for review.
- Support budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Liaise with respective stakeholders (both internal and external) and clear required documentations. External stakeholders include external auditors, tax agents, bankers and statutory bodies.
- Ensure financial and business-related legislative compliance are met and ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Prepare standard and trade journals; reconcile gross premium and accounts payables, and prepare accounts analysis and audit schedules.
- Prepare user requirements on finance and accounting related projects with different teams on financial information flow
- Assisting in the implementation of accounting system, internal control, and policies
- Participate in month end-closing, and prepare monthly management accounts
- Perform bank reconciliation (exclude banking transactions/payment) and issue payment/receipt vouchers
- Compile data for reports related to capital expenditures
- Ensure timely and accurate month end closing
- Assist in any ad-hoc assignments and participate in continuous process improvement projects
- Manage all aspects of the taxations of the Indonesia entities together with local management team and HQ finance team
- Degree in Accountancy/Finance or equivalent (you are expected to be proficient in double entries and accounting standards)
- 3 to 5 years of work experience (experience in the insurance industry or ex auditor exposed to insurance industry are highly desired)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous and attention to details with a control centric mindset
- Hands-on and comfortable in working in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Having knowledge of the XERO accounting system is highly desirable.
- Independent, responsible, strong analytical abilities and good time management
- Good communication skills, excellent in written and oral English