Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia /
We want to give people the freedom and confidence to pursue what matters to them in life. Because they know they’re covered. Because people-first. Igloo is a Singapore-headquartered regional insurtech benefiting millions of people across SEA, in countries that count as the most underinsured. Build the future of insurance with us by doing what you do best.
Join us if you desire to create impact and do good. Work with our teams across Singapore, China, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines and Vietnam.
Igloo is looking for a self-motivated and experienced AM/ BD professional to service existing accounts across selected APAC markets, and develop new commercial partnerships in Malaysia to extend Igloo’s insurtech leadership in APAC. You possess a strong network across Malaysia’s telco / banking & finance / e-comm/ digital consumer platforms to grow our businesses in multiple APAC markets, including Malaysia.
This role is remotely based out of Malaysia, reporting to the Regional Senior Commercial Manager based in Singapore HQ.
What you will do:
- Identify and engage key potential partners in Malaysia across industries with huge customer base, i.e. Telco, Travel, e-Commerce and Hospitality, Banking / Payments to generate business leads.
- Develop a comprehensive offering around digital insurance products and solutions, conduct effective pitching to prospective partners, and execute acquisition plans in a comprehensive and timely manner.
- Design and present proposals and quotations to potential partners.
- Act as the first point of contact for potential partners’ enquiries, relaying them to relevant department(s).
- Manage account activities under care, and optimise business relationships by providing strategic advice and strong support to drive up partners’ business activities.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure smooth, timely and quality onboarding of new partners and related product launches.
- Work closely with external stakeholders, including partners and insurers to establish and ensure insurance services policies, procedures and contracting processes are in accordance with the company business standards.
- Manage existing accounts across the APAC region (including China) and maintain constant communication with partners to resolve any operational issues on a timely basis by coordinating with different internal teams.
- Ideate on new opportunities and grow existing accounts across the region to realise the partnerships’ full potential, and negotiate with partners to implement growth strategies.
Business Development & Partnerships Onboarding in Malaysia
Account Management across APAC
What you will need:
- Proven track record in managing pipeline of B2B partnership opportunities, with a minimum 3-year experience in commercial partnership / business development / account management.
- Prior experience in general / life insurance, and insurance brokerage is preferred but not necessary.
- Understanding and appreciation of, and being comfortable with, a startup culture is a must; The individual must be highly self-motivated even without supervision, comfortable with unstructured tasks, and possess strong critical thinking and problem solving.
- Experienced in preparing business pitches and leading business negotiations.
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are a necessity. Ability to build rapport and empathy with customers and relevant stakeholders.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to prioritise and deliver under tight timelines. Goal-oriented, passionate and high level of accountability.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Mandarin, as this role will need to work with Chinese-speaking partners.
- Good university degree.