SRA / Associate Scientist, Immuno-oncology and Cell Biology
Mountain View, CA /
Scientific Research & Development – Immuno-oncology /
IGM Biosciences (Nasdaq: IGMS) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company pioneering the development of engineered IgM antibodies for the treatment of cancer, infectious diseases, and autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. IgM antibodies have inherent properties that we believe may enable them to bind more strongly to targets on the surface of cells than comparable IgG antibodies. We believe our proprietary IgM antibody technology platform is particularly well suited for developing T cell engagers, receptor cross-linking agonists, targeted cytokines, and target neutralizers.
Our lead product candidate, Imvotamab, is a bispecific T cell engaging IgM antibody targeting CD20 and CD3 proteins, and it is currently in two Phase 2 clinical trials for the treatment of relapsed and/or refractory diffuse large B cell lymphoma and follicular lymphoma. Our second product candidate is IGM-8444, an IgM antibody targeting Death Receptor 5 (DR5) for the treatment of patients with relapsed and/or refractory solid and hematologic malignancies, and it is currently in a Phase 1 clinical trial. Also in our product pipeline is IGM-7354 and IGM-2644. IGM-7354 is an anti-PD-L1 IgM antibody that targets the delivery of interleukin-15 (IL-15) cytokines to the area of PD-L1 expressing cells for the treatment of patients with solid and hematologic malignancies. IGM-2644 is a bispecific T cell engaging IgM antibody targeting CD38 and CD3 proteins for the treatment of patients with multiple myeloma.
We are looking for a Senior Research Associate/ Associate Scientist with a background in Immunology or Cell Biology to join our growing and friendly team during this exciting time in our expansion. You will play an integral role in the pre-clinical development of novel immuno-oncology therapeutics. In this position, you will perform standard immune cell-based assays, in vitro studies to support various research needs. You will be required to work independently and collaboratively, think laterally to solve problems, constantly improve work practices and maximize productivity as part of a team.
- Maintain cell lines and culture primary immune cells.
- Conduct cell-based assays and generate high-quality, proof-of-concept data for new early-stage immuno-oncology programs and enable decision-making.
- Execute and troubleshoot in vitro and ex vivo assays that support target characterization and validation as well as regulatory filings.
- Independently run multiplex cytokine assay and multicolor flow cytometry assay
- Collaborate across the research labs and multi-functional groups
- Analyze experimental data in a timely fashion and communicate own work effectively orally and in writing, present data in group meetings
- Thoroughly and accurately document experimental activities, and findings, maintain and organize laboratory notebook timely
- BS or higher degree in Immunology, Cell Biology, or related scientific discipline.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant industry or academia experience.
- Must have experience in multi-color flow cytometry.
- Must have experience with cellular-based functional assays. Experience in evaluating T cell and tumor target cells in co-culture systems
- Proficient with basic computer programs routinely used in a lab such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism, and FlowJo.
- Highly organized with reliable time-keeping skills and able to maintain a detailed and well-organized notebook.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Being a team player and respectful of others is a must.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Able to commute to Mountain View.
We offer a fast-paced, collaborative, team-based, and family-like work environment.
One of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing of our employees and their families. To achieve this goal, we offer comprehensive benefits with a variety of options:
· Medical, dental and vision insurance.
· The full premium amount for our employees and their dependents is covered by IGM
· FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
· STD, LTD, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
· 401(k) Plan
· 120 hours of Paid Time Off, 5 sick days per year, 11 holidays
· Cell phone & internet subsidy
· Employee Referral Bonus Program
· Annual training budget for professional development
· Commuter Benefit
· Annual bonus program
· New hire stock options
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.