Research Associate III, Preclinical Sciences
Mountain View, CA /
Scientific Research & Development – Preclinical Sciences /
About IGM Biosciences, Inc.
IGM Biosciences (Nasdaq: IGMS) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company committed to developing and delivering a new class of medicines to treat patients with cancer, infectious diseases, and autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. The Company’s pipeline of clinical and preclinical assets is based on the IgM antibody, which has 10 binding sites compared to conventional IgG antibodies with only 2 binding sites. We have created a proprietary IgM antibody technology platform that we believe is particularly well suited for developing T cell engagers, receptor cross-linking agonists, targeted cytokines, and target neutralizers. The Company also has an exclusive worldwide collaboration agreement with Sanofi to create, develop, manufacture, and commercialize IgM antibody agonists against oncology and immunology, and inflammation targets. For more information, please visit www.igmbio.com.
IgM Antibodies and Autoimmune and Inflammatory Diseases
Antibody treatments have revolutionized outcomes for patients with autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, and IgMs are the first antibody defense against a pathogen infection. We are committed to exploring how the unique structure and binding properties of our IgM platform can improve outcomes for patients with these serious conditions.
IgM Antibodies and Oncology
IGM Biosciences has a T cell engager program, a receptor cross-linking agonist program and a targeted cytokine program in clinical studies for the treatment of patients with solid tumors and hematological malignancies.
The Pharmacokinetic and Biodistribution group within Preclinical Sciences is seeking a highly motivated and innovative bioanalytical scientist for the advancement of the IgM platform by developing and executing immunoassays and analysis of samples from animal efficacy, pharmacokinetic and biodistribution studies from early discovery to IND-enabling studies. Reports to Scientist III, Preclinical Sciences.
- Develop immunoassays (e.g. ELISA, MSD) to quantify test articles and anti-drug antibodies from a variety of blood-derived and tissue matrices
- Perform routine analysis of samples from preclinical animal efficacy, pharmacokinetic and biodistribution studies
- Collaborate within the department and cross-functionally to meet team objectives.
- Compile and analyze experimental data and prepare technical reports.
- Participate in and present data at internal group meetings
- Ensure data quality by being highly organized, detail oriented and following best practices
- Maintain an accurate and well-organized laboratory e-notebook
- Maintain lab instruments and assist with the management of the lab and reagents including preparation of buffers and other reagents
- Maintain and organize work areas (including hoods, benches, chemical storage, and waste disposal).
- Represent the team in lab management and facilities meetings.
- Level commensurate with experience.
- Degree in biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or other related fields
- BS with 5+ years or Masters with 2+ years of experience.
- Experience with developing and running ligand binding assays (ELISA, MSD, Gyros, Luminex)
- Experience with ADA assays and familiarity with cell based assays is a plus
- Experience with graphical and statistical software (e.g., GraphPad Prism, Excel, Softmax Pro)
- Strong organizational skills
- Working in cross-functional R&D teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with ability to work independently
$95,000 - $108,000 a year
The typical annual salary range for this full-time position is $95,000 - $108,000, plus eligibility for cash and equity incentives.
This range reflects the characteristics of the job, such as required skills and qualifications, and is based on the office location noted in this job posting. The range may also be adjusted based on the applicant's geographic location.
Actual individual pay is determined by demonstrated experience and internal equity alignment.
We offer a fast-paced, collaborative, team-based, work environment.
One of our top priorities is to maintain the health and well-being of our employees and their families. To achieve this goal, we offer comprehensive benefits with a variety of options:
· Medical, dental and vision insurance.
· The full premium amount for our employees and their dependents is covered by IGM
· FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
· STD, LTD, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
· 401(k) Plan
· 120 hours of Paid Time Off, 5 sick days per year, 11 holidays
· Cell phone & internet subsidy
· Employee Referral Bonus Program
· Annual training budget for professional development
· Commuter Benefit
· Annual bonus program
· New hire stock options
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.