Senior Graphic Designer (part-time, remote, volunteer) | National Social Impact Accelerator - Non-Profit
Brighton and Hove /
0 Graphic Designer /
Do you want to improve the world? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to join a driven, tight-knit community of highly talented peers at a world-changing organization just as they started growing rapidly? Excited by the opportunity to power world-class entrepreneurs and Changemakers as they work to positively impact the lives of 1,000’s, 100,000’s or 1,000,000’s?
At Ignite Mental Health we're accelerating world-class mental health entrepreneurs and mobilizing key change agents to catalyze the scalable innovations and legislative changes needed to transform the future of student mental health literacy and access. Using this approach, we're working to make the impossible inevitable; helping build and scale lasting legislative changes and breakthrough organizations to be as impactful as Google and Facebook that focus solely on equipping every student with a standard measure of mental health literacy and access.
All of us at Ignite have experienced first-hand, or through that of loved ones and friends, the pain caused by how broken our approaches towards mental health really are. This has driven us to come together to unite some of the best minds and doers on the planet to fix it, on a national scale and accelerated timeline.
Become a member of a bold and ambitious mission-driven team which grew rapidly with the support of the Harvard Innovation Labs Venture Program, to become a nationwide effort in just nine months! You will perch atop a fast-growing organization working to catalyze national and global change with the opportunity to learn, grow, and hopefully thrive in our fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and impact-driven environment.
PS: As you saw from the title, we're straight up that we're not funded by a zillionaire (yet!) and this is a non-compensated opening that is volunteer in nature at a social impact non-profit.
More about you
We are looking for a boldly ambitious, uniquely creative and boundary-pushing Senior Graphic Designer who is enthralled by the challenge and excited by the opportunity to create powerful visual assets capable of compelling thousands to take action, establishing Ignite as a powerhouse for national social change and driving sweeping improvements in national mental health literacy and access.
If you are an experienced Graphic Designer looking to join a tight-knit, entrepreneurial and world-class team working to tackle a problem affecting every facet of society, and in doing so help reduce suffering and save lives on a national scale, then this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
We’re expanding our world-class team... This is where you come in.
What you'll do (alongside other Senior Graphic Designers)
- Become an integral part of our tight-knit creative team where you will transform concepts into strong visual assets for our social, web & digital channels. Including kick-ass investor, donor and stakeholder presentations & materials.
- Use your unique voice and style to develop captivating social content and outstanding visuals that bring our brand to life and deeply engages thousands of users as we continue to scale.
- Bring strategic, innovative ideas to life from concept through execution, adjusting with feedback along the way.
- Deeply passionate about using your talents to improve the world & drive social change.
- 6 or more years graphic design experience with an accessible and strong portfolio.
- Advanced skills in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge of After Effects and Premiere a plus.
- High-quality branding, storytelling, and producing engaging content and campaigns excite you!
- Growth mindset, a deep sense of 'extreme ownership' for projects, not afraid of failure or taking risks and boldly ambitious.
- Strong advocate for continual creative improvement and nurturing a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability.
Time, Structure & Financial
- Success in this role may involve volunteering 6 - 9 hours per week. The Senior Graphic Designer may join a team of 1-3 other Senior Graphic Designers and other creative leaders. Hours are of course flexible based on personal schedules with ample options to integrate with the team both during and after the HQ team's standard 9-5 EST hours.
- Ignite Mental Health currently operates a tight-knit and uniquely high-skilled, volunteer-run non-profit social impact organization; efficiently coordinated by a core HQ team of exceptionally dedicated leaders, collectively lending their time to help reduce suffering and save lives on a national scale and accelerated timeline.
- This position is non-compensated and volunteer in nature. We assist all candidates who are enrolled in or work for a University or Sponsoring Organization, with the preparation of all documentation required to support applications for stipends, non-profit work pay related programs, financial fellowships or financial scholarships. As a newly incorporated social-impact non-profit our incoming Capital Raising Team will be working hard to establish partnerships to fund stipends, renumeration etc. At this moment, however, we are unfortunately unable to commit to renumeration of any form.
- Third-party websites may provide erroneously calculated salary projections for positions. These estimates are not provided by Ignite and are incorrect.
- Candidates for this position would be welcome to work remotely from anywhere in the world or in-person with our Founder and key team members in the Boston area. In-person options may be dependent on a range of COVID-19 health and safety related factors.
- Join an amazingly talented community of like minded peers across the US working to solve one of societies most pressing problems.
- Develop new skills, insights & experience in a fast-changing entrepreneurial environment.
- Help build the future you want to see and achieve lasting changes in national mental health.
Ignite Mental Health is not a department of Harvard University, nor are we in anyway owned or operated by the University. Ignite's only connection with the University is that we were founded by Harvard students/ alumni and were a member of the Harvard Innovation Labs Venture Program where we were based (pre-covid) We ask that all communications are directed to Ignite and not the Harvard Innovation Lab.
This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work which may be performed by persons assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties, responsibilities or other potentially relevant information which may change between the date of this posting and potential interviews.
We're working to scale innovative solutions and legislative changes —unafraid of transforming traditional approaches—that tackle the root causes of some of the biggest problems affecting mental health.
Are you in?