Board Of Director Member | National Social Impact Accelerator (part-time, remote, volunteer)
Nampa, ID /
0 Board Directors /
Do you want to improve the world? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to help guide a world-changing organization just as they started growing rapidly? Excited by the opportunity to power world-class entrepreneurs and Changemakers as they work to positively impact the lives of 100,000’s & 1,000,000’s?
At Ignite Mental Health we're accelerating world-class mental health entrepreneurs and mobilizing key change agents to catalyze the scalable innovations and legislative changes needed to transform the future of student mental health literacy and access. Using this approach, we're working to make the impossible inevitable; helping build and scale lasting legislative changes and breakthrough organizations to be as impactful as Google and Facebook that focus solely on equipping every student with a standard measure of mental health literacy and access.
All of us at Ignite have experienced first-hand, or through that of loved ones and friends, the pain caused by how broken our approaches towards mental health really are. This has driven us to come together to unite some of the best minds and doers on the planet to fix it, on a national (then global) scale and accelerated timeline.
Become a member of a bold and ambitious mission-driven team which grew rapidly from the Harvard and MIT communities with the support of the Harvard Innovation Labs Venture Program, to become a nationwide effort in just nine months! You will perch atop a fast-growing organization working to catalyze national and global change with the opportunity to learn, grow, and hopefully thrive in our fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and impact-driven environment.
You, you, you!
We are looking for a bold, entrepreneurial, and boundary-pushing Leader who is enthralled by the challenge and excited by the opportunity to drive sweeping transformations in mental health and help improve the quality of life for millions, on a national scale and accelerated timeline.
If the above sounds like you and you're interested in joining a tight-knit world-class team and very non-traditional Board Of Director setup then this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
We’re expanding our world-class team... This is where you come in.
Board Member Location
- Ignite Mental Health is a non-profit organization incorporated in the United States. Board members are not required to be located in the Boston region. Meetings can be attended in person or via video conference call.
- Board Members are invited serve a one (1) year term and may be eligible for reappointment.
- This position is with a social impact non-profit, which is volunteer in nature and non-compensated.
- To enable Ignite to be able to credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals (who commonly inquire as to whether all Board Members donate), Ignite expects to have 100% of Board Members make (or secure) an annual contribution, and to make Ignite a top philanthropic priority.
In addition to the standard duties and characteristics, all Board Members should:
- Be excited to join a team devising, testing and iterating non-traditional/'out of the building' approaches to achieve ambitious social impact focused goals.
- Be radically open minded, have a growth mindset, open to testing new approaches and failure, open to considering diverse viewpoints and, many a time, unusual strategies.
- Be driven to transform the future mental health.
- Be honest, transparent and have extremely high integrity.
Expression of interest & communications
- We invite candidates who are interested in lending their expertise and discussing this role further to express their interest via this expression of interest form.
- We ask that candidates consider postponing outreach to any Ignite team members until our Nomination Committee has the opportunity to reach out with further information.
- Selected Board Members will have achieved senior leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector.
- Their accomplishments will allow them to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
- Board of Director level leadership in other organizations is a plus but not required.
Ignite Mental Health is not a department of Harvard University, nor are we in anyway owned or operated by the University. Ignite's connection with the University is that we were founded by Harvard students / alumni and are incubated by and worked (pre-covid) out of the Harvard Innovation Labs on HBS campus. We ask that all communications are directed to Ignite and not the Harvard Innovation Lab.
This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work which may be performed by persons assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties, responsibilities or other potentially relevant information which may change between the date of this posting and potential interviews.
We're working to scale innovative solutions and legislative changes —unafraid of transforming traditional approaches—that tackle the root causes of some of the biggest problems affecting mental health.
Are you in?