Graphic Designer (remote or in person) @ Harvard Innovation Lab VIP incubated Non-Profit Mental Health Startup
13. Graphic Designers
Full time/ Part time
Do you want to learn how to improve the world? Ever wonder what it would be like to be able to get in at the ground level working at a world-changing organization just as they started growing rapidly with a team of less than twenty? Do you want to be a part of building an organization helping mental health entrepreneurs and ChangeMakers as they scale to impact the lives of 1000's, 100,000's or 1,000,000's and secure $XX M+ funding?
At Ignite Mental Health we're mobilizing, supporting, and uniting mental health entrepreneurs/ organizations while concurrently mobilizing students at scale, to achieve Three Utopian Mental Health Goals. Using this novel approach, we're working to make the impossible inevitable; helping build and scale breakthrough organizations and movements to be as impactful as Facebook and Google but in addressing the root causes of some of the biggest problems affecting mental health!
Become a member of a mission-driven founding team that grew rapidly from the Harvard and MIT communities with the help of the Harvard Innovation Labs Venture Incubation Program, to become a nationwide effort in just 9 months!
As a member of the Ignite team, you will perch atop a world-changing organization and have the opportunity to learn, grow, and hopefully thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and impact-driven environment. On a daily basis, you will likely find yourself exposed to new perspectives, developing and growing in ways you did't expect you would!
If you're looking for a structured, predictable, and hold-your-hand type environment, Ignite unfortunately won't be it! Tenacity, a go-getter/self-starter mentality, and a willingness to speak up and fully embrace radical candor are essentials. As too is the desire to work in a nimble fast-paced startup, where bottlenecks, imperfect processes, and growing pains are the norm on the road to world-changing success.
Curious about how transformative and unique your experience with us could potentially be? Find out for yourself by contacting any of our past or current interns on LinkedIn!
FYI talent comes in all forms and sizes, we’re not easily dazzled by big-brand schools or companies. We are dazzled by people who genuinely want to improve the world and who have the growth mindset and chops to make it happen!
- Build, refine, and own all our visual assets and mental health campaigns reaching thousands if not hundreds of thousands of students
- Create high-quality visual content for our brand, digital platforms, newsletter, marketing material
- Voice your opinions about brand and design
- Keep up with the latest design trends, news, and hacks because you ❤ design through and through
- Joining flash projects as part of a single or range of teams which could include prototyping and building mental health products, programs, organizations, internal operations or infrastructure which will have a huge impact on mental health!
- Actively learning on the job and diving into new areas where you may have little expertise in
- Learning from mistakes and failed projects (you'll be wearing a lot of hats)
- Amplify the efforts of our executive team (CEO, COO, VPs) and help implement our vision
- Own the mission of our organization and wear whatever "hat" is necessary to achieve OKR's!
- Role specific responsibilities are dependent on the team you are matched with and can be discussed further during in-person interviews. Ignite is a fast growing startup and our internships are most definitely not like traditional (big company) internships, so be warned that position titles don't equate to traditional job responsibilities - things change quickly here, as too could your role!
- Deeply passionate about mental health and committed to our mission of accelerating mental health solutions
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, Sketch, or equivalent
- Past graphic design experience with linkable/viewable portfolio
- You build your own iconography, set your own guidelines, and always create easy-to-navigate documents
- Dynamic learner, you know just when to add some flair, and when to keep it simple
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
Our ambition is to help build organizations, movements and products —unafraid of transforming traditional approaches—that tackle the root causes of some of the biggest problems affecting mental health.
Are you in?
NB: This position is at a non-profit mental health organization and is non-compensated. For candidates who are in University /a co-op, we gladly invest best efforts in assisting you in your securing of educational internships (for credit), financial stipends, financial fellowships or financial scholarships to cover your living and other costs while with us.
Ignite Mental Health is a non-profit organization founded and run by Harvard students and incubated by the Harvard Innovation Labs VIP program. We are not a department of Harvard University, nor are we in anyway owned or operated by the University.