Board Of Director Member @ Harvard Innovation Lab VIP incubated Non-Profit Mental Health Startup
Great Falls, MT
Do you want to improve the world? Ever wonder what it would be like to get in at the ground level to help guide a transformative organization, as they grow rapidly to power world-class entrepreneurs and Changemakers to positively impact the lives of 1000's, 100,000's or 1,000,000s??
At Ignite Mental Health, we're mobilizing, supporting and uniting world-class mental health entrepreneurs/organizations while concurrently mobilizing students at scale, to achieve Three Utopian Mental Health Goals.
Using this novel approach, we're working to make the impossible inevitable; helping build and scale breakthrough organizations and movements to be as impactful as Facebook and Google, but which address the root causes of some of the biggest problems affecting mental health!
Selected Board Members will have an extraordinary opportunity to join a mission-driven organization, which grew rapidly from the Harvard and MIT communities (with the help of the Harvard Innovation Labs Venture Incubation Program) to become a nationwide effort within just 9 months.
Board Member Location
- Board members are not required to be located in the Boston region. Meetings can be attended in person or via video conference call.
- Board Members will serve a one (1) year term and be eligible for re-appointment.
- This position is with a non-profit organization, which is volunteer in nature and non-compensated.
- To enable Ignite to be able to credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals (who commonly inquire as to whether all Board Members donate), Ignite expects to have 100% of Board Members make (or secure) an annual contribution, and to make Ignite a top philanthropic priority.
In addition to the standard duties and characteristics, all Board Members should
- Be excited at the opportunity to join a Board and organization using non-traditional approaches (and the lean impact approach) to achieve ambitious goals.
- Be radically open minded, have a growth mindset, open to considering diverse viewpoints and, many a time, unusual strategies.
- Have the desire to interact with other Directors as not just colleagues, but as friends, mentors, and mentees.
Expression of interest
- We invite candidates interested in learning more about the organization and specifics of the position to express their interest via this form. Due to the volume of applications, we request that you consider postponing reaching out to team members until our nomination committee has the opportunity to share initial information about the position and organization with you.
Our ambition is to help build and grow organizations, movements, and products —unafraid of transforming traditional approaches—that tackle the root causes of some of the biggest problems affecting mental health.
Are you in?
NB: Ignite Mental Health is a non-profit organization founded and run by Harvard students and currently incubated by the Harvard Innovation Labs VIP program and receiving help from various Harvard programs. We are not a department of Harvard University, nor are we in anyway owned or operated by the University.