Senior Software Engineer, Ads
Santa Cruz, CA /
Jane is an MIT-founded, high-growth, and quickly-growing technology company in the cannabis industry. We believe in the cannabis industry's ability to bring well-being, health, and love into this world, and it is our mission to bring confidence to the online cannabis shopping experience. As the cannabis industry's first complete real-time marketplace, we aim to provide consumers with a confident, safe, and simple shopping experience.
To learn more about who we are, our culture, and whether this is the right place for you, read our Key Values profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/jane. Check out our product at: https://www.iheartjane.com/.
What You'll do:
The Senior Software Engineer, Ads at Jane Technologies will design and build services that power our advertising business. Day to day, you will design, implement, test, and maintain Ads services. Additionally, you will perform code reviews and contribute to our continuous efforts to improve our development infrastructure and processes. You work closely with Senior Engineers, Lead Product Managers, Lead Engineers, Principle Architect, VP of Engineering to contribute to high-level decisions about architecture and design. You will report to one of our Lead Engineers.
- Build scalable backend services and APIs that power our advertising platform.
- Contribute to high-level decisions about the architecture and design.
- Work with Product Managers to make Jane's advertising product offerings sound, robust, and easy to use.
- Work with Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers to collect data, analyze data, and use data to improve advertising through iterations.
- Help communicate and implement best practices across the engineering team.
- Perform and participate in design reviews and code reviews.
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks.
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience in a product-centered team.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals: compute, storage, and network.
- Proficiency in at least one system language: Go (preferred), Java, etc.
- Ability to grow and adapt to a rapidly evolving technology stack.
- Can dive deep into complex problems.
- Ability to write readable, testable, extendable code.
- Fierce passion about collaboration and the way you develop software.
Great compensation package and equity
Remote friendly work environment with employees throughout the US and Canada
Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Unlimited PTO, and home office stipend
Jane Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets.