Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Santa Cruz, CA /
Jane is an MIT-founded, high-growth, and quickly-growing technology company in the cannabis industry. We believe in the cannabis industry's ability to bring well-being, health, and love into this world, and it is our mission to bring confidence to the online cannabis shopping experience. As the cannabis industry's first complete real-time marketplace, we aim to provide consumers with a confident, safe, and simple shopping experience.
To learn more about who we are, our culture, and whether this is the right place for you, read our Key Values profile: https://www.keyvalues.com/jane. Check out our product at: https://www.iheartjane.com/.
What You'll do:
The Senior Fullstack Engineer at Jane Technologies will build scalable backend services and API’s that power our web applications. Day to day, you will implement, test, and maintain new user-facing functionality on our eCommerce platform. Additionally, you will perform code reviews and contribute to our continuous efforts to improve our development infrastructure and processes. You will work closely with our CTO and other senior engineers to contribute to high-level decisions about architecture and design. You will report to one of our Lead Engineers.
- Implement, test and maintain new user-facing functionality on our eCommerce platform
- Build scalable backend services and APIs that power our web applications
- Work with our CTO and other senior engineers to contribute to high level decisions about the architecture and design
- Contribute to our continuous efforts to improve our development infrastructure and processes
- Help communicate and implement best practices across the engineering team
- Perform and participate in code reviews
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
- Collaborate with product and design teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-6+ years of experience in a product-centered team
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Ability to write high quality, maintainable, modular and well tested code (our web stack is primarily Rails API, React, Typescript, Webpack, Docker and PostgreSQL)
- A working knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL)
- Experience with profiling, troubleshooting and optimizing web performance
- Ability to grow and adapt to a rapidly evolving technology stack
- Familiarity with Agile and Lean development methodologies
- Fierce passion about collaboration and the way you develop software
Great compensation package and equity
Remote friendly work environment with employees throughout the US and Canada
Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Unlimited PTO, and home office stipend
Jane Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets.