Development Intern - Spring 2020
JOIN ILLUMINATION, LEARN ABOUT ANIMATION, WHILE ACHIEVING WORLD DOMINATION!
Wanted for the Illumination Academy: creative vigilantes, visionaries, story tellers, and banana lovers. Join the company behind DESPICABLE ME, THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS, and SING. As an intern in the Illumination Academy you will take part in cross company learning, work alongside studio executives, and have a seat at the table in our latest endeavors.
Illumination is seeking a Development intern for the Spring 2020 semester to work closely with our Development team. If you’re somebody who has their finger on the pulse of up and coming comedic talent, is passionate about all types of content, and wants to learn about the business behind the business then this is the internship for you!
- Reading and doing coverage for scripts, books, and other incoming materials.
- Update and organize department databases.
- Project and talent-related research.
- Desk coverage (phones, scheduling, etc.).
- Sitting in on select department meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with script coverage.
- Availability to work 20-40 hours per week onsite.
- Must be available for a minimum of 12 weeks.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited, degree-granting school with a minimum GPA of a 3.0.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
- Strong internet and database skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a passion for the animation industry!
- Interest in Development.
Founded by Chris Meledandri in 2007, Illumination is one of the entertainment industry’s leading producers of event-animated films. Recently honored by Fast Company as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, Illumination’s franchises include two of the top-six animated films of all time, and its iconic, beloved brands have grossed more than $4.6 billion worldwide. Illumination is known for our memorable and distinct characters, global appeal and cultural relevance. We are always looking for exceptional talent to collaborate and create with.
Illumination's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Illumination will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.