Executive Assistant to CEO
This is an opportunity to work in the office of the Founder / CEO of Illumination by providing administrative and professional support.
As one of three executive assistants supporting the CEO, this position will help to maintain an efficient workflow, keep the CEO’s professional and personal lives organized, juggle the ever-changing demands for meetings and appointments, and keep the CEO prepped and on time. The winning candidate must be a team player with the ability to understand the CEO’s needs and be capable of anticipating, planning, maneuvering and re-prioritizing in a fast-paced, changing environment, while maintaining a positive attitude and high level of confidentiality.
- Provide phone and calendar coverage
- Organize information coming in and out of the office
- Help the Senior Executive Assistants prioritize and manage the CEO’s appointments, printouts, and meetings
- Reconcile expenses
- Print and file scripts
- Schedule breakfast, lunch, and dinner reservations
- Coordinate travel
- Traveling internationally with the CEO to provide on-site support as needed
- Take notes for various phones calls and meetings
- Research a variety of topics and synthesize results
- Track and manage send-outs and gifts for employees, talent, and industry birthdays
- Order food for in-office meetings
- Maintain office supplies
- Coordinate events as needed
- Run errands and provide personal assistant support as needed
- Work directly with Illumination staff on a variety of projects
- Provide coverage for the other Executive Assistants when they are out of office
- 5+ years of executive assistant experience in the Entertainment Industry
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to work a flexible schedule Monday-Friday and availability for overtime as needed (schedule will vary based on business needs)
- Proficient in Outlook, Microsoft Suite, Mac operating experience, and Apple products (iPhone, iPad, iCloud) a plus
- Proven experience performing administrative tasks with confidence, including phone/email etiquette, calendar management, and C-suite office level support
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Possess a valid driver’s license and passport; clean driving record and knowledge of Los Angeles
- Bilingual in French is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Possess a high level of integrity and professionalism that demonstrates sound judgment and tact at all times with the ability to be discreet in handling confidential and sensitive information
About Illumination Entertainment
Founded by Chris Meledandri in 2007, Illumination is one of the entertainment industry’s leading producers of event-animated films. Recently honored by Fast Company as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, Illumination’s franchises include two of the top-six animated films of all time, and its iconic, beloved brands have grossed more than $4.6 billion worldwide. Illumination is known for our memorable and distinct characters, global appeal and cultural relevance. We are always looking for exceptional talent to collaborate and create with.
Illumination's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Illumination will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.